Italari 1/12 Renault RE20 Turbo

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

OK so we all know yellow is a pita but as a lot of this is yellow I thought I would spray some of it (I have to say I'm really pleased with the outcome)

IMG-7519.jpg
IMG-7518.jpg
IMG-7517.jpg
IMG-7516.jpg
IMG-7515.jpg
IMG-7514.jpg

those brake disks were a bit of a disappointment fit wise the twin discs would not go together, ther is a shoulder the outer disk is supposed to slide over (it didnt) but a little work with a dermel (by hand not in the dremel)grinding disk persuaded it to fit.

IMG-7513.jpg
IMG-7512.jpg
IMG-7511.jpg
IMG-7510.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ken apologies for missing so much of this fine build. One thing that stands out is those fuel lines , great weathering , they look so real.
Great build all round.

D

Deleted member 3568

OK first off (as with everything in this kit) either the locating holes are too small or the locating pins are too big either way on the rear suspension it is really important to drill parts 342L and 343L holes out with a 1.8 mill drill like this.

IMG-7545.jpg

Or you will end up with the problem I had with getting it off without snapping the pin that it goes into off as it will not go fully home if you don't drill it out.

The pluming on this is a nightmare (I should have labeled all the pipes at the start of this build) I am constantly having to go backwards and forwards through the instructions to find which pipe goes where, lesson learned.

IMG-7550.jpg
IMG-7549.jpg
IMG-7548.jpg
IMG-7547.jpg
IMG-7546.jpg

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great work ! looking forward to seeing the fished car I well remember racing :cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all the instructions tell you to leave 2.5 mm of the stud sticking out of the hub and thread the wheel nut onto that unfortunately the narrow part of the hole into which you are supposed the thread the studvont is recessed 3 mill into the nut, my initial thought was to sand 3 mm off the nut thus bringing the thread able area forward, however the nut is tapered (as is the centre of the wheel) in the end I decided to drill the nut out so the hole was the same all the way through then drill that out 1.4 mm and thread that onto the stub, worked a treat.

IMG-7581.jpg
IMG-7582.jpg

IMG-7587.jpg
IMG-7586.jpg
IMG-7585.jpg
IMG-7584.jpg
IMG-7583.jpg

IMG-7588.jpg

IMG-7590.jpg
IMG-7589.jpg

The skirts are just placed there for a look see as there is loads more to do before they are finally fitted.

I'm really pleased with how this is going, I wonder if protar did any more of these F1 kits and if they can still be had on ebay and such.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Oh my word..... I'm not a car man per se but that really is a stunning looking kit even half finished. Very, very well done indeed.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 3568

Some of the exhaust and turbo parts primed, and the worst decal applied I'm not going to say that was hard but it did involve quite a few expletives and quite a bit of nail biting (they needed cutting anyway)
IMG-7631.jpg
IMG-7635.jpg
IMG-7634.jpg
IMG-7633.jpg
IMG-7632.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent stuff. That is really starting to look the part. Really nice work Ken.

D

Deleted member 3568

So did some work on the turbos and exhausts and added another decal (these big decals are a real pita I think I in the future I may cut big decals into smaller ones.

I'm really peed off I've got to take the rear suspension all off as I've forgotten to add the air cooling ducts to the disks, gthey were a pain in the first place.

IMG-7654.jpg
IMG-7653.jpg

IMG-7657.jpg
IMG-7656.jpg
IMG-7655.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

More work on the turbos and added the forgotten brake cooling ducts.

IMG-7663.jpg
IMG-7664.jpg

IMG-7666.jpg
IMG-7665.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Amazing how advanced packaging gets so much in so little space generating so much power. Some great modeling here.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Really great work. You’ll be able to build a real one after this!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
I missed this but just had a most enjoyable catch up. Superb detail and you're making an excellent job of this. That gloss yellow is stunning and the decals make it really eyecatching. Engine is great.
Jim