Italeri 1/24 Lancia LC2 completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is finally finished - not really pleased by the result!
DSCF3348.JPGDSCF3349.JPGDSCF3350.JPGDSCF3351.JPGDSCF3352.JPGDSCF3353.JPGDSCF3355.JPGDSCF3356.JPG
The plastic bits are mediocre - every single location hole needed opening up, the real problem is the decals - they seem to be 2-3mm short all round, they're tough & thick - I applied several coats of Decal Solution to try and get them to draw down, they either split, or curled up at he edges. In consequence I had to go round & touch up the red/blue/black stripes not very well in places. It looks OK in certain directions, but close ups reveal not a very pretty sight. It may just be me, sometimes you get a model that doesn't agree with you, and this didn't!!
I did add the driver, but he sits so far back & down that he is almost invisible.......................
Anyway, I did finish it, about the only good thing I can say is that I got it at a good price, if I'd paid retail, I'd not be a happy bunny!!!
Thanks for looking in - I hope my USS Tuscaloosa build isn't as disappointing!
Dave

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It does not look that bad Dave, I have had problems with Italeri kits in the past and tend to avoid them now.

Andy.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
It does not look that bad Dave, I have had problems with Italeri kits in the past and tend to avoid them now.

Andy.
Andy,
they tend to be cheaper - for a good reason! there are some good models from Italeri, but no consistency
Dave