Italeri 1/35 " Barchino " Italian Explosive Motor Boat - finita

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Completato!
DSCF1936.JPGDSCF1937.JPGDSCF1938.JPGDSCF1939.JPGDSCF1940.JPGDSCF1941.JPGDSCF1942.JPGDSCF1943.JPGDSCF1944.JPG
Certainly a different little build! To tell the truth, it's not that interesting! Italeri did a 1/35 Maiale Torpedo, and to display both could be a feature. Otherwise, I can't say I really enjoyed it
The model itself is simplicity itself, there are few parts & the fit is good - the drawback is the PE! The little butterfly nuts to secure the hatches are a real pig, there were 4 spare, but the carpet monster had at least 8, so I had to improvise, and I note that I've lost one in the short time since I've finished it! Can't say they really add anything, but I started, so I had to finish!
One of those builds that didn't really come up to expectations, nothing wrong with the model, just no real interest!!
Still, it's cleared the bench for the Master Box MB 170V................
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It was certainly very different from the normal model we see, but that inits self makes it worth while doing Dave. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've been looking for one of these...................
maiale.jpg
........but not a single sighting yet! - probably means that if one does appear, it'll be at a collectors' price!
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Belo bravissimo senior Dave.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
More than a whiff of Nemo about that one Dave. Good luck with the search.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
It may be simple and a short build but it's come out well and is very unusual.
Jim

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I've been looking for one of these...................
View attachment 431912
........but not a single sighting yet! - probably means that if one does appear, it'll be at a collectors' price!
Dave

Dave, Italeri has discontinued the production; as alternative, there's the Model Victoria resin kit (see address below)
https://www.modelvictoria.it/prodotto/4067-s-l-c-200-maiale-siluro-umano-italiano/
but it's not cheap (52€ + shipping cost). For sure, it's quality is higher than Italeri's kit; I have 2 figures from Model Victoria and they are really nice and priceworthy.
There's some availability of Italeri's kit from Australia at 44.95 AUD (see the kit page on Scalemates).
Every other source I checked is listing that kit as "non available" while price goes from 10 to 22 €.

Andrea.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave, Italeri has discontinued the production; as alternative, there's the Model Victoria resin kit (see address below)
https://www.modelvictoria.it/prodotto/4067-s-l-c-200-maiale-siluro-umano-italiano/
but it's not cheap (52€ + shipping cost). For sure, it's quality is higher than Italeri's kit; I have 2 figures from Model Victoria and they are really nice and priceworthy.
There's some availability of Italeri's kit from Australia at 44.95 AUD (see the kit page on Scalemates).
Every other source I checked is listing that kit as "non available" while price goes from 10 to 22 €.

Andrea.
Andrea,
thanks for that - the Italeri kit would have made a nice companion the the Barchino, but only at a price I liked!
Dave

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice little bomb boat there Dave, nicely weathered too. Great job mate,