Italeri 1/35 Bedford Truck

J

James Robert Noble

It so has mate! I've been looking at it all night in awe! Sad but true! :tears-of-joy:
What paints did you use on both your Bedford Portee and your LRDG Scottie? I'm going to mix some Tamiya colours and hopefully achieve a Light Stone colour. I remember Andy on MM using a Red Primer for a Desert Vehicle he had completed which I tried out but I think that was to help make final colour a tad darker?

J

James Robert Noble

Built and painted the 6Pdr last night and glossed the Bedford. Will give it a dark wash when totally cured that I will make myself with some Oil paint. Had a mishap with the Bedford at the weekend and have damaged the left side. Side Railings look bent. Not overly perturbed as I'm sure these vehicles took a bit of a battering in that North African Desert.
Still to cut back the gun on the 6Pdr. Thanks again to Jakko for giving me the correct dimensions. :thumb2:

20191203_213445.jpg20191204_072829.jpg

J

James Robert Noble

Oil wash completed on the Bedford tonight. Will Varnish the 6Pdr and paint Wheels etc. The base layer was Tamiya Light Sand Spray Can as my Air Brush has failed on me. :disappointed2: It was blowing air and water but not paint. Have ordered new Gun with a 3 different sized needles. Anyways, here is my latest work. I have really enjoyed this build but can't wait now to get my hands on my next build the StuG Tropical!

20191207_195909.jpg20191207_195932.jpg20191207_200001.jpgScreenshot_20191207-193713_Instagram.jpg

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi James - looking good

When you cut back the gun barrel it looks like the barrel seam could do with a sand down as well

When gun goes back on the truck bed don’t forget to spread the trails and put the spades against the stops at the side

You probably already have these covered but mention them just in case

J

James Robert Noble

Thanks Simon. Roger that. Looking at the 6 Pdr now I can see the seam now. Also the tires on the 6Pdr. Will give them a light sand down too. :thumb2:
Really pleased with the Wash but I'm not going to over weather it.
I can get quite carried away sometimes.
I have some soft pastels that I will use on it but will try to rein it in! :smiling4:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
James

Apologies for very behind on this. I have to say I love what you've done so far. Well done.

Andrew

J

James Robert Noble

No apologies required Andrew! Many thanks for the kind comments!

Infact many thanks to all you guys for commenting and for the great advice. :thumb2:

I have now painted the tires on the Bedford and the 6Pdr. Will dust them up a little tonight.

Sanded down that seam on the 6Pdr and added a little stowage to the rear of Bedford.

Now, the little mishap I had on the side railing had also effected the canopy rack. ( Is that the name? )

So I have made a new one from wire. I think it looks good and has a kind of worn and damaged look.

I'll see what you guy's think in my last photos. I'll try for daylight photos.

Best Regards
James.