Italeri 1/35 Semovente L40

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Andy, as a huge moggie slave, sorry owner i can fully appreciate your loss

When you feel better, there are plenty looking for a loving home like yours!!

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Bob, Gregory, John and Tim: thank you for your support: it's encouraging.
Sorry for being late with my answer but it seems it's one of those months when everything goes wrong: my computer screen gave its last breath on friday and it was replaced yesterday night. Hope my bad luck will give its last breath too, and very soon! ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andrea
Losing a pet is a terrible thing.
Fine work on the tank. The work space looks great.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Bob, Gregory, John and Tim: thank you for your support: it's encouraging.
Sorry for being late with my answer but it seems it's one of those months when everything goes wrong: my computer screen gave its last breath on friday and it was replaced yesterday night. Hope my bad luck will give its last breath too, and very soon! ;)
.... i know your feeling.... keep up and let your MOJO come back.... in bocca al lupo e aspetto con impazienza.. ;) :smiling:

Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Dear all,
thank you for your patience and your kind words.
I'm going to resume soon this build.
The cave is almost finished (see pics) and mojo is slowly but steadily coming back.

IMG_6403r.JPGIMG_6405r.JPGIMG_6408r.JPG
On the shelf, the semovente, primed (Tamiya rattle can - white) and masked. The upper hull is dry fitted to allow an easier fitting of the motor hatch and the accessories that will be painted separately.

Side note: all the tanks on the shelf but the two Panthers (the big one on the right and the small one in the blue box) are from the early '80s, retrieved from my parent's garage a couple of weeks ago and currently undergoing a thorough cleansing and minor maintenance.

Back soon with more appealing updates.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very neat Andrea, well worth the time spent .

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Slowly crawling towards the goal...
Main parts painted; it looks yellower than I intended, but there's still hope :worried:.

IMG_6413r.JPGIMG_6414r.JPG

Next steps: put everything together, add the tracks and weathering.
Thank you for your patience and for the kind words; critics are welcome too, of course.

Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
The semovente is nearly finished: some retouch here and there, some minor details to be added (some spare tracks or an additional tarpaulin... or both :anguished: ... it depends on how many "bugs" I must hide... ;)) then a final coat to seal everything.
The final step will be the tanker.
Comments and critics are welcome as usual.
IMG_6438r.JPGIMG_6441r.JPGIMG_6444r.JPGIMG_6448r.JPGIMG_6449r.JPGIMG_6078r.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work Andrea. Great to see the internals. Looking forward to seeing the figure in place

First Name
Andrzej
For those who are following this build: sorry for the interruption but I'm still affected from the death of the cat who chose us as his humans and modelling is not so attractive to me for the moment.
View attachment 388768
Moreover, I'm now focusing my forlorn remaining mojo on the new "cave".
View attachment 388764View attachment 388765
Hope you will be still there when I'm back.
Andrea, I totally know how you feel.

I have to tell you here a little sad story, I hope you do not mind "derailing" the thread...

We had this homeless cat coming to our apartment door to eat, we were feeding him and giving him water.
He was wild and never let touch him, but he was close and responded with "miau" when we talked to him.
We named him "Kiddy", like a combination of kitty and kiddie.

One day, we see him lying down in the bush and crying and not walking.
We took him to the animal hospital, they examined him and told him that it can be couple thousand dollars, I said, OK, just save the cat, I have my tax return money coming, I will use it instead of making a new computer.
Hours went by, lady said that he is getting to breath without oxygen, and we can take him home.
Time goes by, we ask, what takes so long, the doctor comes out and says that she strongly recommends putting him to sleep as his infection is so big that if we take him home, he will die anyway and suffer.
We just were in shock, from being happy to take "Kiddy" home to putting him to sleep....what a tragedy.

We said, well, if he is going to suffer than he will not survive anyway than we will agree to put him to sleep.
At the first I walked out of the room as I could not imagine to see him dying....
Then I think, no I can not just wait here, I have to be with him and my wife Carolina holding him when he gets the shot.
I came back in, he already got his shot...
I started patting his little paw and I could not say a word, like someone was choking me.
I had tears in my eyes, I have some now as well.
Such a little innocent kitty, we did all we could and could not save him.

I am attaching what we got of him, the paw print which is now in frame sitting on my desk shelf.

That is the story of how human can get so close to a homeless cat.
He was just a homeless cat but my and my wife's hearts were just broken.
Thank God, we do not forget but we do not think about it all the time but when I do, I feel something in my throat and tears in my eyes......

Andy, I am very sorry to "derail" your thread, but the picture of your cat just brought back the memories and I had to share it.....

P.S. Nice new working area. I am jealous! No, I am happy for you.

Attachments

• 20220608_220533.jpg
    20220608_220533.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 5

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Andrzej, you are a decent and caring human being. Thank you for sharing this.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Andrea, I totally know how you feel.

I have to tell you here a little sad story, I hope you do not mind "derailing" the thread...

We had this homeless cat coming to our apartment door to eat, we were feeding him and giving him water.
He was wild and never let touch him, but he was close and responded with "miau" when we talked to him.
We named him "Kiddy", like a combination of kitty and kiddie.

One day, we see him lying down in the bush and crying and not walking.
We took him to the animal hospital, they examined him and told him that it can be couple thousand dollars, I said, OK, just save the cat, I have my tax return money coming, I will use it instead of making a new computer.
Hours went by, lady said that he is getting to breath without oxygen, and we can take him home.
Time goes by, we ask, what takes so long, the doctor comes out and says that she strongly recommends putting him to sleep as his infection is so big that if we take him home, he will die anyway and suffer.
We just were in shock, from being happy to take "Kiddy" home to putting him to sleep....what a tragedy.

We said, well, if he is going to suffer than he will not survive anyway than we will agree to put him to sleep.
At the first I walked out of the room as I could not imagine to see him dying....
Then I think, no I can not just wait here, I have to be with him and my wife Carolina holding him when he gets the shot.
I came back in, he already got his shot...
I started patting his little paw and I could not say a word, like someone was choking me.
I had tears in my eyes, I have some now as well.
Such a little innocent kitty, we did all we could and could not save him.

I am attaching what we got of him, the paw print which is now in frame sitting on my desk shelf.

That is the story of how human can get so close to a homeless cat.
He was just a homeless cat but my and my wife's hearts were just broken.
Thank God, we do not forget but we do not think about it all the time but when I do, I feel something in my throat and tears in my eyes......

Andy, I am very sorry to "derail" your thread, but the picture of your cat just brought back the memories and I had to share it.....

P.S. Nice new working area. I am jealous! No, I am happy for you.
Thank you, Andrzej.
Our story is very close to yours. He wasn't a stray cat as he was our neighbours' pet but we were the ones he chose as his humans.
He had a bad stomach cancer and when his suffering were so evident, we had to call the vet (neigbours have a different approach to pets:angry:) ... and you already know how the things go, both for him and for us... :crying:

Andrea

First Name
Andrzej
Thank you, Andrzej.
Our story is very close to yours. He wasn't a stray cat as he was our neighbours' pet but we were the ones he chose as his humans.
He had a bad stomach cancer and when his suffering were so evident, we had to call the vet (neigbours have a different approach to pets:angry:) ... and you already know how the things go, both for him and for us... :crying:

Andrea

Yes, I know.... they will be always in our hearts, Andy but we have to just keep on going and try to be happy.
They are already over the rainbow Bridge, one day we will all be.
Still very hard feelings when I think about Kiddy.....

I forgot to mention, when we were going to the hospital, he was in the cage we use to transport Merlin (our home cat) with the door open.
He for the first (and last) time pulled out his paw and Carolina was gently rubbing him and trying to comfort him, it almost felt that he understood it.... I have to stop writing, more tears coming... sorry.