Italeri 1/48 AC-130

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Gern
Nice build so far....with respect to the pictures, are you using flash? If so, the shots are overexposed. White balance will change the colour tones not the exposure. The camera usually tries to expose everything to a mid grey, not white. Try reducing the flash power, shooting further away and cropping in, or shooting in daylight...I suspect the flash is at minimum power but the close shot still overexposed the shot.
Cheers
Tim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Gern
Nice build so far....with respect to the pictures, are you using flash? If so, the shots are overexposed. White balance will change the colour tones not the exposure. The camera usually tries to expose everything to a mid grey, not white. Try reducing the flash power, shooting further away and cropping in, or shooting in daylight...I suspect the flash is at minimum power but the close shot still overexposed the shot.
Cheers
Tim

I managed to get hold of the instruction book for the camera and set it up for fully automatic. The book says I should get as near as possible for close-up shots, at least that's how I interpreted it, so that's what I did. As I said, I clearly have a lot to learn - and a lot to observe 'cos I didn't even notice if the camera used flash or not! Not a problem though, it's not as if I'll be wasting film by experimenting:smiling4:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi mate
If you look at the camera shooting “modes” there should be one with a “flower” icon. That one is called “macro” and is designed for close up shots. It should set the camera up better for close up shots than “auto” (green square icon ?). It also helps to use something to keep the camera steady, because the exposure time will be longer than a normal shot. Stick with it, you’ll soon crack it then wonder what was so hard....