Italeri 1/72 LA-5

W

wbk666

This is another of those old kits i got cheap to practice on.

Not a good start to find the pilots seat was missing so i knocked one up "of a fashion" out of milliput

I just hope i can see the pilot when the masking comes off the canopy

next hurdle, one if the tail wings is missing (cant believe i dodnt notice when i photographed the sprues)

so its out with some plasticard and the milliput again

once dry i attacked it with the files and sanding sticks

and it fits...sort of

I can't believe how much work i'm putting into a kit that cost me less than £4 but its making me try new things like scratch building parts.

First Name
Dave
That scratch built tailplane looks really good.Once its fitted and painted you wont be able to tell its not an original kit part.

W

wbk666

apart from the original having raised detail and mine having recessed detail lol I didnt quite get shape right either but thanks.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great work wayne, its surprising how much fun you can have with a cheap old kit. This one is quite a good kit actually (when its all there!!LOL), in fact it can currently be found in a revell boxing with a very nice decal sheet , and makes into a great La 5 , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good work Wayne. Why not re-scribe the raised detail to match your new one. Use the raised lines as a guide.

W

wbk666

\ said:
Good work Wayne. Why not re-scribe the raised detail to match your new one. Use the raised lines as a guide.
i think i'll take what i've got and learn to count parts before i start next time lol

This is how it looks at the moment.

its a little lob-sided but i dont want risk damaging what i've got.

J

Jazz

Looks good, be nice to see it when you finish it

half the fun is overcoming problems.

J

John Huggins

Looking good Wayne, keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more.

John

P

pistonhead

looks like a good effort, I dont think you'l notice the difference once painted :smiling3:

W

wbk666

\ said:
Looks good, be nice to see it when you finish ithalf the fun is overcoming problems.
it certainly is, i just landed on my first bit of good luck.

I've 3 kits on the go and all three needed some yellow so i did all three at same time, only need clean airbrush once :smiling3:

Three birds with one... tone? ok i'll get my coat ;)