Italeri 1/72 Lockheed Putty

T

T. van Vuuren

As you might see from my heading this plane needs loads of putty to try and get it anywhere near smooth :sad:

After my last Italeri build (F-4u 4) I am rather dissapointed in the quality of this kit. The detail is actually nice, but the fit is very poor in my example.

There will be hours of filling and sanding on this model, this will needless to say lead to re-scribing aswell.arrrrr!

OK, enough moaning for now LOL! I am planning to do the Husdon in the colours of RAF Coastal command. The white fuse sides with two tone grey upper cammo. Interestingly the bottom wings have no roundals.

Pitty that almost allot the detail inside the cabin is be lost when closed up.The other flaw with this kit is the side windows that fit insde the frames. There is no internal joiner between the windows that can be used to glue it to the fuse, so even using clearfix I still got some glue marks on these fidly little bits :sad:

Theuns

View attachment 44184

View attachment 44185

View attachment 44186

View attachment 44187

models 006.jpg

models 007.jpg

models 004.jpg

models 001.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

Yea well, I get bored wit sanding very quickly ,I must have a short attention spa........ LOL!

For some or other reason this model sands down rather difficult, but I will complete it when i have nothing else to build!

Theuns

J

James Q

Looks like alot of filler will be needed! But im sure you can over come it and turn out a lovely looking model.

C

CDW

Filler, filler everywhere eh Theuns? :smiling3:

I must admit i would have given up, had a paddy fit and then started something else

I can bet it'll be fine and dandy when it's done!

T

T. van Vuuren

I am very tempted to start something else, but I know I will regret it later, so I will carry on with the darn thing!

Theuns

T

treyzx10r

Hang in there Theuns ,you'll get it sorted ! I'll trade ya a ill fitting 188 kit lol!

V

Vajled

try with oil based acetone... will go mutch quicker :smiling3:

good job so far

Roman

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
When you've finished this, don't be too quick to start the Airfix Buccaneer. Fill sand, fill sand............and repeat.

T

T. van Vuuren

When in doubt, use a bigger hammer!

I'll get it done ,I hate leaving halfbuilt models.

Pitty about the Buck, I was temptedtoget one, but I am not sure now.

Theuns