Italeri 1/9 German Infantryman

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8983.JPG

I was really excited when I saw that John had stocks of this figure and ordered it immediately. It's a new Italeri repackaging of an old ESCI figure, which I think was in turn a repackaging of an even older Tristar offering. Opening the box conformed that this was probably a pretty old kit:

100_8984.JPG100_8985.JPG

(1/35 figure for size comparison).

The modelling of the clothing is pretty disappointing, being soft and undefined, and the head is slightly unrealistic. I even get the impression that it was meant to be played with, as it has Action Man style removable vinyl belts to which the equipment attaches:

100_8986.JPG100_8988.JPG100_8987.JPG

These of course will be ditched for more realistic alternatives. The instruction sheet and decals are new. Most of the equipment looks decent enough, but I do have a set of Verlinden spares with which to replace some of it if need be:

100_8989.JPG

I don't think I'll use the MP40 and pouches, but they are there if I need them. I've also dug out an alternative head, though the helmet is far too big for anything I've got in the spares box.

This should be fun..........

D

Deleted member 6559

Abandoned already.

A really appalling kit. Nothing fits, with the parts being warped and distorted by massive mould lines and huge amounts of flash. Added to that, the sculpting and detailing are really poor, so that all in all it's not worth bothering with.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a shame Peter. Hope it wasn’t too dear....

D

Deleted member 6559

No, not too expensive Tim. I've put it back in the cupboard. Who knows I may be felling brave one day?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
They are nice, but I would probably sculpt my own anyway.
I just thought the esci would save on the bulk, but it does look a bit duff.
never mind

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Shame it is such a poor offering and after your anticipation too!

I would be filling, sanding and carving as its quite therapeutic, but I guess I'm just at odds with most!

The vinyl kit really is a poor showing, definitely a 60's thing from Action Man as you said.

Off to find your next victim

Regards

Steve H