Italeri Dauntless build

D

dubster72

I'd like to build a nice Dauntless - the detail & fit of the kit looks good!

Any chance of a picture of the box Quintin?

Cheers

Patrick

Q

Quintin

\ said:
I'd like to build a nice Dauntless - the detail & fit of the kit looks good!Any chance of a picture of the box Quintin?

Cheers

Patrick
Hey Patrick,

Here it is. The fit is very good, but I found the cockpit assembly instructions a bit vague. But if you read the reviews on the net, this is by far the best out-of -the-box kit there is.

View attachment 90244

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413273316.801127.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

Howzit Q.

Interesting that Italeri did a rebox of the AM one. I am pleased to hear the kit fits so well, I have the AM kit here in the stash I want to do next year.

You going to IPMS end of month?You built a bi-plane for the chalange? ;)

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start quintin , these Accurate Miniatures mouldings were excellent werent they , I believe the Italeri TBM avenger is one of theirs too. cheers tony

Q

Quintin

\ said:
Howzit Q.Interesting that Italeri did a rebox of the AM one. I am pleased to hear the kit fits so well, I have the AM kit here in the stash I want to do next year.

You going to IPMS end of month?You built a bi-plane for the chalange? ;)

Theuns
Hey Theuns,

I haven't built anything specific for the challenge, no. But I'll probably take my Eduard Albatros D.III along for the fun of it.

Ya, the fit is OK. AM don't really believe in locator pins like the major manufacturers, but all in all a good kit.

See you at the meeting

Q

Quintin

\ said:
Great start quintin , these Accurate Miniatures mouldings were excellent werent they , I believe the Italeri TBM avenger is one of theirs too. cheers tony
Hey Tony,

I didn't know that, but thanks for the heads-up. Might be good to get that one for stash as well...

S

steve scan

Goog start shame when a lot of the detail is hidden but hey we all know it is there.