Italeri Kfz 305 Opel Blitz with Tamiya 20mm Flak 38 MIT Sd.Ah.51

D

Deleted member 6559

You really are a master Steve. Great advice on techniques as well.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Steve how is it possible that i missed all this WONDERFUL paintjob-work-details and weathering.... SPECTACULAR.... really really wonderful job...
Sorry if it took me so long to post a comment:smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4:
Keep up the good work

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Is that the new system ! Slipping in some Acrylic paint:surprised:
You are not alone , I bought some Winsor and Newton water soluble Oils and then proceeded to thin it with turps .Duh !

Joking apart Steve this is stunning work and really enjoyable to follow .
John

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Coming along nicely Steve:thumb2:
What’s next, pigments?
Si

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Stunning oil work. It has added so much depth and realism.
Jim

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
SJ,

As always you don’t disappoint...masterful painting and weathering my friend... love love love it...book marking this as another lesson for me to learn from if you don’t mind

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Scottie - The oil tones have worked out well. I will try not to cover them all up now with dust:smiling3:
Peter - Not quite but thank you. Like you I try to learn from the masters around the world and slowly improve my techniques
Greg - Great to have you along. I am glad you are enjoying it so far.
JR - My poor excuse is that the acrylics and oils are in the same shape and designed tube. So I am sticking with that whatever any one says:smiling3:
Si - Sadly not yet mate. More oil washes and extensive dry brushing but hopefully wont be long now
Thanks Mick. What's on your bench at the moment?
Jim - That's the beauty of oils. I admire anyone who can do the same with acrylics
Joe - Glad you like it and I hope it helps out on your builds

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

The grey oil arrived and I set about producing a look whereby the Panzergrau is starting to show through the top coat of the respray the Opel went trough 2 years ago. To be honest - I'm not to sure. Some areas are convincing others not so much. Hopefully once the chipping, dirt pin wash and dust work is done it will tie it all together. Please let me know what you think or any ideas you may have

IMG_0025.JPGIMG_0026.JPGIMG_0032.JPGIMG_0033.JPGIMG_0034.JPGIMG_0029.JPG

Thanks for your continued support

Steve

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Coming along nicely Steve:thumb2:
Do you thin your oil mixes or use as they come?
Si

B

Big Red

With my extremely limited experience with oils, I can’t really give you any advice but I think the wear looks spot on for fading paint. Look forward to seeing the next steps.

Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Terrific work Steve. The only thing I'd say is that the grey would show more on the highlights, ie towards the middle of the bonnet panels rather than around the edges. Still, what do I know?

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Steve, I'm still working on the M60A1, due to the old fashioned summer we've been having I've been struggling to get anything done as my desk is in direct sun for quite a lot of the day. I've got most of the stowage done and the crew is getting a paint coat. Wifes away next week so hopefully some progress.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Si - I thin the oil down to an ink for the pin wash. During the blending in stage, if the oil is too thin then I will use it straight from the tube
Jim - Cheers my friend. Further updates below
Pete - :smiling2::smiling3::smiling5: I had exactly the same thought. I looked at several builds and both looks were used. I suppose its personal preference at the end of the day
Mike - Looking forward to seeing an update on the M60A1

I decided to concentrate on the Opel for a while. Firstly the cab and flat bed were chipped in the usual way using sponge and brush methods.

IMG_0048.JPGIMG_0049.JPGIMG_0050.JPGIMG_0051.JPGIMG_0052.JPG

Next I applied a Burnt Umber pin wash. The blending in was limited this time as I was happy with the look and just wanted to add a bit of shadowing here and there

IMG_0053.JPGIMG_0055.JPG

Here are some close ups so you can see how all the different tones and colours add depth to the build

IMG_0056.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0061.JPGIMG_0063.JPGIMG_0064.JPG

Next I started to do some pin washes using Beige oils. Firstly the flatbed and sledge were lightened up

IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG

The cab interior was given a full wash. There is still a couple more washes and dust work to be done here

IMG_0066.JPGIMG_0067.JPG

The chassis was given a full beige wash and then blended in accordingly. More work maybe needed on this once the kit has been put back together

IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
Great work on the chipping. It has really brought the oils and weathering together making for a superb finish.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice Progress Mr Jones....looking like a really worn and abused truck:thumb2:
Si

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Stevie,

You are really doing a Wonder on this one. Top work and finishing all around. Only the crack in the tire worries me a bit. I hope it doesn't cause a problem on down the road my friend. Keep it coming!!!

Prost
Allen

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
DAAAAAAAMN THIS IS WHAT I CALL WEATHERING LOVE IT....................SUPERB STEVE