Italeri schwimmwagen in 1/35

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
Good, neat progress.
Jim
Thanks Jim, slowly getting on with it (thought that it was going to be a quick build, but it's taking longer than I thought it would - still, it's keeping me occupied!)

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Hi Gerry. It's a shame that it's proving to be a bit of a pup, I've got a Tamiya one that fell together, if memory serves.

I built quite a few soft skin Italeri's way back & they went together fine.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry. It's a shame that it's proving to be a bit of a pup, I've got a Tamiya one that fell together, if memory serves.

I built quite a few soft skin Italeri's way back & they went together fine.
Guess that's what I was expecting with this one, that it would just fall together - never tried Italeri before, so probably making more of it than it deserves, probably with a bit more experience, it would fall together!

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Nah, I doubt it's you. I reckon they dropped the ball by the looks of it.

I'll have to go and dig mine out and see how it's constructed.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Nah, I doubt it's you. I reckon they dropped the ball by the looks of it.

I'll have to go and dig mine out and see how it's constructed.
Must admit that there is a fair amount of flash, so could just be the molds are getting old (the 'release' points are also fairly prominent (glad that I've got a tube of filler!) so taking a little while waiting for the filler to set)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You seem to be making some good progress Gerry....so all is not lost, just requires a bit more work than one might expect. Just keep thinking how good it will feel when you have finally beaten this "dog" into submission. :smiling6::smiling3::thumb2: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
You seem to be making some good progress Gerry....so all is not lost, just requires a bit more work than one might expect. Just keep thinking how good it will feel when you have finally beaten this "dog" into submission. :smiling6::smiling3::thumb2: Rick H.
Thanks for the encouragement Rick, I'm enjoying the challenge, so not a 'chore' doing this one, and it's a good little kit to 'push' myself, rather than sliding along in an 'easy rut' (bearing in mind that I've got Zvezda and ICM kits in the stash)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Coming along nicely
Thanks, having spent most of the day on it, almost got the wheels on - just waiting for the retaining discs to set, then the wheels can be fitted (so 'section 3' of the instructions will be completed - only 3(?) 'sections' left after this) all the 'fiddly' bits are left to do!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's the fun part Gerry.......... you get to feed the carpet monster and learn new swear words at the same time!! :tongue-out2: ;) :thumb2: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hopefully the carpet monster will be hungry - but time will tell! :tongue-out3: :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There you go! Not bad if you ask me. Hang in there Gerry, you are in the home stretch. :thumb2:
Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Well, for this bit - got the next load of bits off the sprue sat in my 'ready tin', next job will be to tidy them up, paint and fix - that's tomorrow sorted! ;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Well, didn't go as planned - still got parts drying (gloss/matt mix on all the wooden bits - paddle, shovel and rifle stocks).
Managed to get a 'reasonable' mirror effect, chrome silver filled - actually looks like a mirror! Had to strip one of the rifles of all paint, as I got impatient and messed it up.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Definitely on the last few bits now, just a few bits and pieces of finishing touches to be done.
IMG_20210508_141243620~2.jpg
Oh, the mirror I spoke about earlier - quite pleased with the way it's turned out - even blown up in the photo
IMG_20210508_141441884~2.jpg