Italeri "vintage" PaK 40

B

backonthecase

Bit of a gap filler this one, pretty revolting kit with a fair bit of flash, obviously old worn moulds and very soft plastic.

Aside from that it was a relatively trouble free build with a decent amount of detail that betrays the kit's age to some extent.

Couple of pics for now. I'm not happy with the paint chipping so I'll have to see if I can augment it or fix it some way.... Ideas welcome!!

Please forgive the photo quality, they're just off my iPhone.

Stuart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think it looks good Stuart. As for help with it, it depends on what your going to do with it in my opinion guns like this are better shown in a little diorama or vignette with figures

D

dubster72

I'm with Ian, it needs a crew!

Try a little sponge chipping around the areas that you're not happy with Stuart - that will break up the outline of the large chips

Cheers

Patrick

S

steve scan

Agree with above, some fine chipping on the edges and angles and stick a crew in there, it will look even better. :smiling3:

N

noble

Try adding a few rust streaks over part of your chipping it will break it up a little and give you a slightly more used and worn effect. But it looks not bad at all from where I am sitting, keep up the good work.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
agree with all of the above ,Stuart,and all are good suggestions,as well ;)

B

backonthecase

Thanks guys, all much appreciated.

Today I've done some sponge chipping to blend the edges of the shield a bit better and I'm going to try some rust and dot filters this evening hopefully that will sort things out a bit better. There is a crew with it, I've just not got round to painting them, or the PaK 38 crew for one I did ages ago! Haha!

Thanks for the comments and advice guys I will update when I get some progress made :smiling3:

Stuart

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good just that little bit of weathering has made all the diffidence ;)

B

backonthecase

Thanks guys, I was wondering about this one for a while but I do think it's helped as well. :smiling3:

Onwards and upwards

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Anyone having issues with starting a new topic via tapatalk? It crashes on my iPad and iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

backonthecase

Thanks guys. That's how it's been left for now, until I get inspiration to build a base.

cheers guys

Stuart