Italian Job?

N

NeilC69

Here's a few photos of one of my major projects that I have on the go.

I am trying to build a set of vehicles from the Italian Job film.

Have a look and see what you think

View attachment 28270View attachment 28271View attachment 28272View attachment 28273View attachment 28274View attachment 28275

The large chassis is the beginning of the Bedford VAL Coach. I should be making a start on the bodywork soon.

View attachment 33909

View attachment 33910

View attachment 33911

View attachment 33912

View attachment 33913

View attachment 33914

PICT1144.jpg

PICT1314.jpg

PICT1315.jpg

PICT1232.jpg

PICT1143.jpg

PICT1227.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great stuff neil, top film! Are you going to get a bulldozer and a smashed up lamborghini too!. The coach chassis looks excellent , looking forward to seeing it with the body on , fantastic work , cheers tony

N

NeilC69

Tony

I have a bulldozerkit, two Muira kits (one good one for the before tunnel shots and one cheap one for the smashed one), a Land Rover kit and an Isuzu 117 to convert into a Fiat Dino "Mafia car"

I also have a Die cast Alfa Giulia for the police car, but I am looking for something suitable for the "Dormobile" and the "exploding" van!!

I'm also looking for a Strenco Caterpillar loader as well.

I will be posting more photos as the set progresses.

Neil

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Being a fan of the italian job i just love these models :smiling3: ive been pondering about making the 3 mini's but i just was wondering where to get the three spot lamps, Also quick question,how did you do the chrome trim around the arches and sills foil or paint just looks so perfect :thumbsup:

keep up the great building :smiling3:

N

NeilC69

\ said:
Being a fan of the italian job i just love these models :smiling3: ive been pondering about making the 3 mini's but i just was wondering where to get the three spot lamps, Also quick question,how did you do the chrome trim around the arches and sills foil or paint just looks so perfect :thumbsup:keep up the great building :smiling3:
Thanks mate.

The three spotlights were made from resin lenses that I bought from Historex with beads from my daughters necklace making set cut in half and glued to the back of the lens.

The spotlight bar is a paper clip!

All the chrome trim around the arches etc. is just silver paint applied with a very small brush and lots of patience!!

Hope this helps

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Quite alright :smiling3: Ah nice ill check that sited out i might just make a little diorama :smiling3: Always the most simplest things that work best, I tried with humbrol silver to paint that fine line on my mini kit it was a bit of a pain in the A*** Next time i do that kit i will use waterbased paints much easy to work with :smiling3:

Thanks for the reply very much appreciated

N

NeilC69

I have a long term plan to make a diorama for my minis, but it will involve the coach as well. One day!!

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Ah sounds gd all in the pipe line aye :smiling3: would love to see what you can do in a dio as with the skill you've shown in these models im sure it would be stunning ;)

N

NeilC69

I've never built a diorama before so it will be new ground for me, but luckily I have a neighbour who does a lot of military stuff and makea dioramas for then as well and has offered to help me.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
That's handy to have modelling neighbour,Im sure when you get stuck into diorama building you'll be making one with every model :smiling3: