Italian WWII tanker

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I was caught by the corona virus lockdown :sick: while moving from our old house to the new one, just a few km far, but in another town so, for the moment, out of reach; unfortunately my little stash (see pic below)IMG_2349R.JPG
and half of the modelling stuff, mainly paints, is already there.
The third extension of the lockdown here in Italy, now due to expire on May 3rd, made me look for something to do and I went for a figure of an italian tanker that, hopefully one day, will man my Italeri Semovente L40. The postman delivered it yesterday.
IMG_6077R.JPG
Here are the pictures of the figure, completed as far as the still available paints allow me.
IMG_6078R.JPG
IMG_6072R.JPG
IMG_6060R.JPG
It is also my first resin figure and the the difference from plastic ones is amazing (but most of you already know that, I'm pretty sure :smiling6:).

Keep calm and model on (hoping it is still English... grammatically speaking :hungry:).

Andrea.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovely work on the head and goggles. The overalls are looking really good. Great stuff

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice work so far Andrea :thumb2:
And goodluck in Italy there, hard times :sick:...
Steven

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andrea.
Looks good even with those limited paints, shading is really nice .
You've had it really hard in Italy, take care and good luck.
Hope your move is completed soon .

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Steve, Steven and John, thank you for your appreciation and for your kind wishes. In my area the COVID 19 is not as spread as it is in other areas in norther Italy; anyway general situation is still alarming, but what scares me most is the long term effect on economy and being a State servant... well... no taxes incomes, no money for salaries and pensions...
Back to modelling, the most difficult step will be the face: never had good results up to now; most of my figures have a pink blot instead of a face and the most lucky ones have a couple of divergent/convergent eyes and hairs that look as those of some politicians of ours.:tongue-out3:

D

Deleted member 6559

That looks very nice indeed Andrea - great work at such a small scale. I think 1/35 is the most difficult for figure painting - my eyes don't allow me to go anywhere near it these days.

Lets hope things start returning to normal for you soon. Stay safe.

Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
An update, at last.
I made some progress on my tanker, trying to get somewhere and somehow away from my "pink blot" standard for faces.

IMG_6575r.JPGIMG_6588r.JPG
Further efforts will follow, hopefully with a more acceptable delay.
Thank you for your patience. I'm still "in the middle of the ford" between the old and the new house so I'm a sort of commuting modeller...:disappointed2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Better than no modeling at all Andrea. Thought you had set the modelling area up in your new home, so are you still living in the old house?

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Better than no modeling at all Andrea. Thought you had set the modelling area up in your new home, so are you still living in the old house?
John, yes, we are still living in the old house and foreseeing the final move not earlier than the beginning of next spring considering that the kitchen is due to be finished by the end of January, COVID permitting.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
As anticipated in my "Simon T build thread", my activities are hindered if not completely stopped by anti-COVID measures.
I managed to bring back in my old house some paints and brushes and resumed the tanker project.
Here are my last efforts:
IMG_6649r.JPGIMG_6657r.JPGIMG_6659r.JPG
My face painting skills are still to be improved. I'm not unsatisfied but I think uniform and arms look much better.
Hope to be back at my main bench in a couple of weeks, also because my tanker grunts about his headless condition are louder and louder :angry: and I'm having a bad time trying to convince him that leaving my cutting tools and glues in the new house was not intentional :flushed: and that I have no bad feelings towards tankers even if I'm an infantry ;).
Let's hope in orange (infection risk status) fading down to yellow soon.
Andrea

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
And in the end...
IMG_6912.JPGIMG_6943.JPG
... I consider it done, even if pics showed some imperfection here and there.
I have the feeling that even that tanker is sporting a satisfied expression now that he can seat on his tank. :smiling3:

Thank you for your patience .
Andrea.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done Andrea.
Agree with you about the arms. I start off with high hopes when attempting to paint figures, this would please me no end.

Feel for you with the house, it seems its been going on forever with the lock down. :crying:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking even better now Andrea, are you going to mat the overalls at the end?

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Thank you John.
The excessive shining on his uniform is due to the LED light and my poor photographic skills (I didn't adjust the white balance to the artificial light); IRL the overall is as matt as the real thing. :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice, if i may make a slight suggestion, dont use pure white for the eyes, its to stark, an off white, light grey or very pale pink would be better