"It's Alive"!! "Frankenseven" Comes Alive in 1/87 Scale

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
After much scrounging of "Body Parts" and other sundry items, once again, life has been breathed into the inert form of a long discarded SdKfz. 7and it takes its rightful place on the Russian Front towing a pair of van trailers, as inspired by the photo. (for ref only) Supplying the Wehrmacht with much needed supplies to continue the war against the hated "Bolschevicks" in the struggle for "Labensraum". Rick H.P1011288.JPGP1011298.JPGP1011299.JPGP1011301.JPGP1011302.JPGP1011304.JPGP1011305.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Lee, I'm tickled that you like it. I have always been amazed at the variety of equipment that the German Army managed to get its hands on. Seems an endless supply for anyone who wants to model some "out of the ordinary" pieces. In my humble opinion, 1/87 scale offers the best opportunity to do just that. Thanks again for the nice comment. Rick H.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job rick , a superb build . Love the fact this started out as various bits from long dead vehicles , certainly a frankenstein creation but definitely not a monster! Top class work , cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Tony, so glad you like it. It was a lot of fun for me as well, particularly, as you said, pulling it all together from here and there.
Cheers, Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Rick its very realistic lookin an something similar to the one in the film battle of the bulge where Robert shaw an his tiger commanders are in conference an they hit a mine love that film must have watched it 20 times an never get fed up with it even though they are not the right tigers in the film
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A WOW from here Rick .
Spot on with that weathering, so realistic. Another to be pleased and proud of .

Agree with your comment on " variety of equipment that the German Army managed to get its hands on " Gives such a wide choice, where as Russian is pretty standard.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you all, I am pleased that so many of you have taken time to follow this little adventure. Your support and comments along the way have kept the Mojo high and the creative juices flowing. Thanks again for dropping by. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well that was worth the round trip!! What a fantastic build. Its up there with the best of your work Rick. One to be proud of my friend.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking finish pics Rick, nice dusty weathering and neat having it tow the same trailers as in the pic :thumb2: :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Well I'd say that is a real success. As always it is even more impressive knowing the scale.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Steve, Fernando,Ralph and Jim, Thank you all so much for the kind words and for following this "resurrection" of a long dead halftrack.
I really did enjoy bringing it back to life and giving it a place in my display cabinet. Cheers, stay safe and thanks again for dropping in. Rick H.:smiling2:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
If you look in my direction, you'll see a faint green glow in the sky. Don't worry about it though - that's just the jealousy radiating from me!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave, your argument is baseless......But that is a high compliment indeed....and I do value your opinion. Thank you sir for dropping by and I am glad you approve of my efforts in the sub braille category. Rick H.