Its Arrived

R

Richy C

Got it today , the build looks like its going to be ok (not to many bits) , the camo looks a bit of a challenge , and its also got them curley wurley decals that go in front of the thingy bit on that wotsit thing I can see them going belly up !

better put it away now till the 1st

Richy

View attachment 13475

View attachment 22288

IMG_2831..jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats 'andy 'arry! Picking mine up tomorrow, now I wont have to open the box in the shop to have a butchers.

Hm, I wonder what the other one is like? Yippy I get to open a box!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
and its also got them curley wurley decals that go in front of the thingy bit on that wotsit thing I can see them going belly up ! Richy

View attachment 13475
Mmmmm....spinner spirals. Get it on as best you can and then keep applying your decal setting solution of choice until it settles down. It can take several goes and,in my case,is good for microsol sales!!

Steve

Forgot to say,if your aircraft was flying after August'44 it should have and probably did have a spiral. There were always exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richy C

Hi Steve just had a look at the instructions , your right mate the decals give two options :- Rhein-Main airfield Germany Spring 1945 and Belguim January 1st 1945 , both have the curly decals , what a laugh , never mind I`m game .

Richy

R

Richy C

I`ve got a question lads , with the decal sheet it comes with swastika`s , on the instructions it does not show them ( political reasons I would imagine ) am I right in thinking that these would be on the tail of the aircraft.

cheers guys

Richy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
100% definite that those aircraft had swastikas on the vertical fin. Of course whether you apply them or not is entirely up to you. I do,but some people are not comfortable with them and prefer to leave them off. I think either way is fine.

Steve

F

Fenlander

John has already said that he would not ban the use of the Swastika on this site, as Steve says, it is down to the individual. The GB certainly does not discriminate on any markings. Have to say I hadn't thought abut the spinner spiral.... anyone fancy making it a Spitfire instead :laughing:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here you go ,a spiral on an Fw190A-6,much skinnier than designated in the RLM order. Also one from a Bf109G-?. It might be roughly painted but they did prime for it (the reddish colour). Graham,if it goes wrong leave it off,there were always exceptions!

Steve

View attachment 22292

View attachment 22293

A6spiral..jpg

bf109spiral..jpg

N

noble

If you don't want to add the decal then try this paint the spinner white base coat then take Tamiya masking tape and cut a longish strip 2mm wide and wrap it round the spinner then spray black. Once you strip of the masking tape you should have your spiral on the spinner.

scott

F

Fenlander

Yeh right Steve, and then everyone else will have them but me, I would never live it down lol.

R

Richy C

Thanks Steve , I`m putting them on mate , we can`t re-write history by blanking symbols like this out in my opinion , if anything the swastika should never be forgotten if you know what I mean its why our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought in WW2,

Richy

N

noble

The swastika was found on artifacts going back as far as 1000BC, it was also found on pottery and coins in Troy, most people only remember it because it was used by the nazis. The symbol is said to be older than the Egyptian Anck (sorry for the poor spelling)Just a little bit of history.

scott

R

Richy C

Sorry guys taken me about 1/2 hour to get the little ones to bed while I was half way through this post , Scott we are reading of the same hym sheet mate I`m tempted to mask it and AB it if the decals don`t work , if that goes belly up then a bashed up dio with the nose of the 190 stuck in the ground LOL

Richy

N

noble

Heh Richy build an armour dio withe the tail end of the fighter sticking out the ground i think it look cool somthing i've been thinking about, it could be set in russian. Just a stray thought.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I drove the 20miles to pick up my kit!

It had not arrived! That will teach me to phone first. All I got to do it teach the shop to pick up the phone...

Bought a Matilda Mk III/IV instead! Hopefully it will turn up in time!!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Gutted for you Ian , I found these pictures on Relish models website of the WF190D-9 without the curly bits so that will do for me ! looks like the decal sheet covers the aircraft on the right as well , so happy days boysRichy

View attachment 13504View attachment 13505[/quote

I'm getting me books out and checking them, where's that section on tactical markings?......noone should get off that easily LOL.

Seriously though,good choice loads of interesting variations in those schemes.

Cheers

Steve