Its part of the Bismarck, honest

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon

Turret Bruno from the Bismarck, by Takom 1/72

Hopefully a quick build! Watched one on Youtube and he said he built it in undr 3hrs. From what i saw not a lot of clean up, we shall see!
20210410_165131.jpg
20210412_113711.jpg
20210412_113717.jpg
20210412_113723.jpg
20210412_113728.jpg
20210412_113735.jpg
20210412_113742.jpg
20210412_113706.jpg

Made a start by joining the two halves of the barbette togther, two large seams to deal with next, added the turret for effect!
20210412_120934.jpg
Its a bigy!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No tracks, no boot topping, what’s not to like......this one looks interesting Bob, bit of a paintwork play about I should think.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
No tracks, no boot topping, what’s not to like......this one looks interesting Bob, bit of a paintwork play about I should think.
Hi Tim

They do give a few options for the roof, inc dark grey and yellow which i think is not proved??

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Bob

Looks interesting......

Although a sceptic would say that the shape looks remarkably similar to that of a Stug, except of course the two great bloody holes in the front.... ;)

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bob

Looks interesting......

Although a sceptic would say that the shape looks remarkably similar to that of a Stug, except of course the two great bloody holes in the front.... ;)

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
YEA Andrew its a water borne stug lol thats why Bob bought it lol
chris

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Very interesting bob and different too. Looks like a nice big display piece , but please tell me they havent moulded the gun barrels in two halves ?! The seams will be a bugger to eliminate without losing the circular shape. If ever there was need for supplying turned aluminium barrels at a small extra cost this is it .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob

Looks interesting......

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
Yep, the mother of StuGs lol
YEA Andrew its a water borne stug lol thats why Bob bought it lol
chris
Would not like to that turret by hand lol
Bob,
Now that is something different I will follow along.
Hi Paul, welcome aboard, ear plugs extra!!
Very interesting bob and different too. Looks like a nice big display piece , but please tell me they havent moulded the gun barrels in two halves ?! The seams will be a bugger to eliminate without losing the circular shape. If ever there was need for supplying turned aluminium barrels at a small extra cost this is it .
They have, swines!! I hate doing seams on 1 35 but this big:worried: think metal ones are about but too much plus the kit!

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That sounds like it's going to be a fair bit of work in getting the seams off - could you use a pin vice as a lathe (on a sturdy base, of course)?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Well it looks as if your rehab for Stug addiction has worked. This looks interesting. When you consider the size of a 1/72 tank against this you realise what a monster the Bismarck was.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very envious Bob. The Takom 1/72nd scale battleship yamato no. 2 main turret is on my to do list. Really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Dont forget to scratch build the base with individually made planks of wood. A few hundred splints should do it :smiling5: ;) :thumb2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
That sounds like it's going to be a fair bit of work in getting the seams off - could you use a pin vice as a lathe (on a sturdy base, of course)?
Oh yes Gerry, took some time to do the smaller seam, started on the much larger one:rolling: Takom could have designed the 2 halves of the barbette so a lot of the seam would have been hidden by the large ventilation shaft covers!!!!
Hi Bob
Well it looks as if your rehab for Stug addiction has worked. This looks interesting. When you consider the size of a 1/72 tank against this you realise what a monster the Bismarck was.
Jim
Oh no Jim, planning next StuG build!! He must have been a wonderful site at 30 plus knots!
Very envious Bob. The Takom 1/72nd scale battleship yamato no. 2 main turret is on my to do list. Really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Dont forget to scratch build the base with individually made planks of wood. A few hundred splints should do it :smiling5: ;) :thumb2:
On no Steve lol, a very.small wooden deck is availble! Will either spray or brush.

Thanks for the interest. Its more involved than the bloke on YT!

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
OK I will go for it, a Stugship.... Really and you thought you had us fooled.
This will make an interesting build, got the chair ready for more.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Progress

Seams finally done, primed and no sight of the swines!!! Looked at the chap on YT and his seam is very clear, now i know why he was so quick!

The various vents are loose, and two more to make, looks good i think!

Why Takom did not hide the seam behind one vent amazes me???
20210415_123457.jpg
20210415_123507.jpg

The PE, seams stiff so a bit of annealing to do, must find my cigarette lighter

20210415_152851.jpg

Bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob