Its Sea Foam Time

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings from the treatment table here at Race Towers.

Having been away working in the garden for what seems like 3 weeks removing a large overgrown Clematis, sorting out the shed roof that it covered it, building a new arbour and generally doing as instructed I'm pleased to say I am back. Just couldn't find any enthusiasm for any modelling as such when confronted with such a large job timewise.

I've been looking at the Sea Grass over the last few weeks and waiting for the right time to harvest. Last year it was about the same time, early September.

The interesting re growth and planting is that the self set that have come up in some large pots better than the ones I failed to re pot, one with a rose have been a splendid plant.
The other day I pulled the plants and hung them in the green house for a week to allow some drying out to start.

This morning having made up the mix of 2 parts hand hot water to one part glycerine I started to prepare the plants. The main thing was to remove as many seeds as possible before the treatment. A few left on will be ok as they either fall off or are covered with some scatter.

2020.jpg
The large one from the rose pot.
2020_3.jpg
Gave this many plus those seeds.

2020_2.jpg

2020_4.jpg
Some of the smaller plants.

2020_5.jpg
Finally the bucket full. Lid on and now sitting for at least a week before checking. Once I'm happy with the results they will be removed and hung out to dry in the green house with some newspaper underneath to catch the drips. After that when fully dry they will be packed away ready for use.
Thanks for following.

Percy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Dude 2,

If the 3rd pic is of your bloodwork from your last checkup, it's time to go back to the Docs ASAP!!!

BTW, a very nice harvest you have there too.............

Prost
Dude 1

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey Dude 2,

If the 3rd pic is of your bloodwork from your last checkup, it's time to go back to the Docs ASAP!!!

BTW, a very nice harvest you have there too.............

Prost
Dude 1
Thanks Dude1. Please with the outcome .
Yes that blood count looks bad :tongue-out3::tongue-out3::hungry:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Had a check today and looking good .Already have some others out , rinsed and hanging up in the greenhouse to dry fully.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greeting from the potting shed here at Race Towers.

Right the time has come to remove this years crop , rinse and hang up to dry. Very please as had so few seeded plants, the self seeded have produced the best of the crop. Starting to think that just throwing some seed into pots after the frost has gone would probably be a far simpler method. Anyway here are some photos.

2020_3.jpg
This was a particularly good shape.

2020_2.jpg
Finally the complete crop.

2020.jpg

Going to hang in the green house to dry out.

Percy.