I've aquired an airbrush.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
I was chatting to a family member on group chat and was talking modelling as I've just started again when the subject of painting was touched upon...I mentioned that I only had brushes but was hopeful to invest in an airbrush soon...

Out of the blue my mother piped up, "I've got two, you can have them both"

Mother is a qualified self employed nail technician and used to use airbrushing when it was popular about 8 years ago.... Now it's not used.

I haven't a clue what models they are but as soon as I do I'll be rattling some cages here to see if A) They're any good B) Tips on using them

Del

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Del

about 3 years ago I bought my daughter an unbranded airbrush for nail art for about £20 and was impressed with it, if yours are similar they should serve you well.

Peter

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice gift del , and a great way to see if airbrushing is for you. I personally only use cheapo airbrushes and they work fine for me , cheers tony

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Result was an Iwata professional compressor and two Sparmax gravity brushes ('D' models?)
Happy bunny!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Wow - that's a real bonus!! :thumb2: - practice practice practice! Use a cheapo kit, or a reject model - I have a 1/72 YF-22 that is in harlequin camo - that replaced a 1/48 Bf 109 that had so many layers of paint it was heavy!!!
Dave