iwata br

D

dansmith

Good afternoon everybody,

I have decided to buy an airbrush and the iwata brand seems to be mentioned alot and also is in my price range. The thing is, i have seen on this forum a lot of people recomending others to buy an iwata cr (0.5) and adding a 0.3mm needle because the cr has th e bigger cup than the br. But these people mostly seem to do 1/35 and want big coverage.So question is ,is the cup on the br model big enough to do priming and base coats etc on 1/72 avfs without constant refilling as this is the only scale i wish to work in.

Many thanks.

R

Richy C

Good afternoon Dan , although I have the CR and mainly do 1/35 or bigger I think I can say the BR would be fine if not perfect for 1/72 be it full body coats or fine detail work , as you say 1/72 is your scale so you won`t go wrong getting the BR , have a look on the forum shop John`s service is 1st class and one of the best deals you can get

Richy

D

dansmith

Thanks richy/ looks like i will soon be the owner of a new iwata revolution br. Just need a compressor and all the gubbins now. Yes i agree the prices seem good in the forum shop.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Hi Dan, the Iwata Ninja is worth a look and for a good branded compressor it's well priced, the BR is a good AB I'm sure you will be happy with it.

P

premacy10

Hi Dan,

I have just got a Iwata Br , like you had many a should I shouldnt I , the Br is fine for both 1/72 and 1/35 and 1/48 aircraft and as for the cup size I have never found it a problem . The lack of a lid has never worried me either. The results are fantastic better than I anticipated, as for the compressor I went with a Iwata silver jet which is simple to use and gives a good flow of steady air.

Regards

Antony

R

RickBrown

Dan

I'm one of the chaps who have the CR and converted it to 0.3. I can honestly say the BR should be perfect what you need, I went with the CR because it was basically the same as my old Iwata copy. Better the devil you know! I haven't managed to fill the cup anywhere new 1/4 full yet. In hindsight the BR would have been okay for me and cheaper, I cant see me using the 0.5 needle much but at least I have the flexibility for the future.

Happy brushing!

Rick.

D

Doctor Cranky

I love my Iwatas. I work with both the Eclipse and the Micron C.