Iwata CR Revolution Issue

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I have to admit i am totally stumped with this one.

When i stop airbrushing but keep the air 'on' , paint is still getting past the needle. I have dismantled the airbrush, cleaned it thoroughly, checked the nozzle for cracks and checked the needle itself. I cannot find any damage to cause it.

Any ideas guys? It's doing my head in as i'm hoping to start painting my Fw190 soon.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
It maybe because you have replaced the needle too far in/out of its ideal position. I usually manually pull/push the needle until the paint stops and then tighten the needle in place.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Al,
I’d agree with Steve. Paint getting through with just the air on is normally because the needle isn’t seating correctly in its nozzle.
It sounds like you’ve given it all a clean so just check that the nedle is pushed home firmly.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Or, have you really given it a good clean. I'll bet there's a tiny bit of hard paint in the nozzle, stopping the needle from seating correctly. Once in a while I soak my clean nozzles in some cellulose thinners, and nearly always a tiny bit of old paint comes out.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sounds like a plan Colin. I'll try that next