Iwata Eclipse HP-CS

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a go with my new Eclipse airbrush that I got for a present at Xmas. I only used it to put a bit of primer on the truck but I am well pleased with it as it is such a nice thing to use compared to the cheapie I have been using. The coverage is great, I had a play on a sheet of plastic and you can go from a fine line to covering a larger area with ease and the really great thing is that it is so easy to clean, result!.

Andy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I have an eclipse HP range brush, but mine is side feed rather than top feed. Great all rounder and a doddle to clean, as you say. It’s been trouble free for at least five years.

Edited to correct the English. Sacked the proofreader as well.....

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Excellent bit if kit and so easy to strip and clean!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Great choice. I have Iwata and H&S airbrushes and I much prefer the Iwata. Like Tim I've had mine for many years, sprayed everything from lacquers to acrylics and not had a moments trouble.
Jim

First Name
Carl
Just had a go with my new Eclipse airbrush that I got for a present at Xmas. I only used it to put a bit of primer on the truck but I am well pleased with it as it is such a nice thing to use compared to the cheapie I have been using. The coverage is great, I had a play on a sheet of plastic and you can go from a fine line to covering a larger area with ease and the really great thing is that it is so easy to clean, result!.

Andy.
I have the same airbrush and like you went from a relatively cheap one to this and it was like night & day. Better control, less blocking and easier to clean although to be fair my previous airbrush had the bottom feed pots which can be a bit wasteful. The only small issue I have had is that sometimes the trigger can stick down slightly and not fully release but this is mostly because I don’t strip and clean as often as I probably should.
Carl

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
A smear of superlube on the back of the trigger between it and the lever will cure that Carl.