Iwata Neo issue.

P

phippsaw

Hi all, just joined the forum and need some help with my airbrush. I brought a neo last year but have only just got round to using it. It came off a private sale on Ebay so not much chance of getting it sorted there... First time in use I used acrylic paint and got instant blow back out of the cup, top as well. On closer inspection found the nozzle has sheared out of the body. My question is can this be repaired or what?. I know I can buy spare nozzles but I think the thread in the body may be clogged with the old screw bit from the nozzle. Can anyone help??Thanks.

First Name
Steve
Hi Tony welcome to the forum, yes you can purchase a spare part easy enough the broken part should screw out, try pushing a cocktail stick or similar into the damaged thread and twist it out, as a last resort try a dab of super glue on the stick and let it set for a while.

Hope this helps Steve.

P

phippsaw

Thanks Steve i'll try it and see. The nozzle is already out, its just the residue of the thread left. It looks like corrosion has caused the problem as it is powdery as well as "gunked" up. I tried screwing in a nozzle from an older airbrush but it would not o and didn't want to force it.

First Name
Steve
If there is any broken threads left soak them in WD40 overnight then try picking them out with a sharp needle or sciber.

Steve.

Last edited:
P

phippsaw

If there is any broken threads left soak them in WD40 overnight then try picking them out with a sharp needed or sciber.

Steve.
Brilliant, will try that, just buying the nozzle and have ordered a nozzle repair tool to try as well so will leave some feedback if its any good!!