Iwata Revolution blockage? Help needed

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Dug out the old Revolution for a bit of shading, hooked it up to my compressor to give it a quick flush,depressed trigger and got absolutely nothing,no air, no back flush, nothing.

Must be the trigger/piston/valve I thought.

Took all that out,looks fine.

I stripped the whole thing down and gave it a clean,as part of this process I depressed the air valve piston (with a cocktail stick...don't ask) whilst the nozzle cap was removed. Air flowed ,it seeked to be coming out the nozzle!

Replacing the nozzle cap results in a complete blockage in the air flow.

I really don't know how the air flow works on this brush. Obviously something is blocked or something is channeling air the wrong way. The paint channel,right through to the nozzle is clear.

Anyone any ideas?

This is the only airbrush I have with a little paint cup,ideal for little bits and pieces! I shall flog on with one of my others but I ain't half wasting some paint.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

I would say, with some uncertainty, that it sounds like the seal, if there is one, behind the nozzle. I know that seals, even the silicon type, can swell and it may be worth you stripping it down, clean it by flushing thinners through and then leave it to dry out still in pieces. This may tempt the seals to soften and return to their natural form. If the nozzle was screwed back against a swollen seal, it may have spread it out enough to block the air coming through.

May sound like clutching at straws, mainly because it is I am afraid.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It must be something internal,a blockage or a bad seal. I hadn't used it for a while which makes me a bit suspicious. Thing is I've taken it apart as far as I can, everything except parts 21,22 and 9 have been in and out. I'm sure 9 isn't the problem and I don't think it's the other two as that assembly seems to work okay.I wish I'd had that schematic,it took me ages to get it all back together again!!!!!

I've had this brush a while,I may need to see if it is economically repairable. I hope so as I really quite like it.

Oh well,I'll continue with the other one for now.

Cheers

Steve