Iwata Revolution CR.....loving it!

G

GazB

I just needed to post this, to people who understand.....lol

For my birthday recently the wife surprised me with an airbrush & compressor for my new modelling obsession.

I set it all up and started to use it, but found it was more of a fight than a pleasure, intermittent paint flow, clogging every 2 minutes, and all in all it was just hard to control, I did use it to complete the last model I made and it did look better than brush painting but nowhere near as good as I expected.

I kept reading the forums and dutifully watching youtube videos but to no avail, I was starting to think that perhaps I didn't have the knack and was just bloody awful at it. (I have no idea what brand the airbrush is - it's just marked everythingairbush.com)

To finally prove to myself whether it was me or the brush (again after reading on here) I decided to try a brush that seemed to be recommended by a lot of people, So I ordered the Revolution CR from the shop.

It was here by Tuesday (Thanks John) and I have been sort of, well airbrushing everything in sight since. IT"S A BLOODY MARVEL! I can get a clean finish, I can do camo by hand, I can precisely control whatever i'm trying to do, it doesn't need stripping down every 2 minutes...etc, etc. I just love it.

I have tried telling the wife how happy I am but she thinks i'm doolally tap, so I thought i'd post it on here.

Again, thanks to all the experts on here who post good advice. I could probably name a dozen things i using/doing now that have improved my models no end.

Ramble over.

Cheers!

Last edited:
M

msm2

Hi I have been looking at getting the CR or the BR very soon as the one I am using is starting to play up.

B

Bunkerbarge

Everythingairbrush sell a huge range of gear but if it is only marked up with thier name it may well be a cheap unbranded item. You can't beat a decent piece of kit and, withour taking out a mortgage, you've got a very nice brush there.

Don't worry about the missis, they don't understand!!!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Gaz

You made a good move there. You can't go wrong with a CR. Happy airbrushing. Any problems just post them on the forum and we're all here to help.

Vaughan

L

lemoff

Sweet!

Its a nice feeling when you realise its not 'you' hehe.