Iwata vs. Harder&Steenbeck?

G

Gomer Pyle

Does anyone here, have experience working with both the Iwata Revolution line of AB's and the H&S Evolution 2-in-1 series? I'm curious to know what sets the two apart from each other; pro's and con's so to say.

/Daniel

F

Fenlander

Only used an Iwata so not qualified to answer your question. However, once you get to a certain level and standard of manufacture, the rest is a matter of taste.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I use various Iwatas but have had a go on an H+S Infinity which I think was the 2 in 1. It was fitted with the larger nozzle when I tried it. It's a very nice airbrush but I think Graham has made a good point. You are always going to be more confident with a brush with which you are familiar.

The 2 in 1 had several nifty features allowing you to preset various parametres,most of which I can't remember (quick-fix) and even a so called distance cap to keep the business end a set distance from the target! Whether these are pros or cons is open for debate. You are paying for these features and this is not a cheap airbrush. The contradiction is that it is not aimed at beginners and experienced users won't need or use these features!

The biggest pro is that it is a very well made and engineered tool,the chap who let me have a play with his loved it and did his best to persuade me that I needed one......he nearly succeeded!

Cheers

Steve