Jan - April 2016 Gb: Modern Jets. Chat Thread.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
The SU 34 looks a nice option. Italeri do a 1/72 which, knowing these aircraft from a huge 1/48 I built ages ago, will still be a fair size. Not sure how accurate it is but so long as it looks like the type, it will do for me. Trouble is, there is a photo etch set and a resin cockpit for the kit too...... Oh dear Tony, what have you done...... ;)
I did one for the soviet aircraft GB a while back graham , its not a bad kit but does only represent the prototype and needs a little alteration to make the production version , if course you could always wait for the 1/48 kit to come out , i cant remember whos doing it but its due soon, cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Narrowed down to two. The F35 A 1/72 Academy kit or the SU-34 1/72 Italeri kit. Not seen much on the Italeri SU-34 but the Acadamy F35 A looks a great kit.

Decisions, decisions.....

F

Fenlander

Think it will be the F35, the kit reviews are very good...... What am I doing? I DON'T BUILD AIRCRAFT:eek:

P

Polux

\ said:
Think it will be the F35, the kit reviews are very good...... What am I doing? I DON'T BUILD AIRCRAFT:eek:
Mmmm.....great notice Graham :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Narrowed down to two. The F35 A 1/72 Academy kit or the SU-34 1/72 Italeri kit. Not seen much on the Italeri SU-34 but the Acadamy F35 A looks a great kit.
Decisions, decisions.....
If you want to know what the italeri su 34 is like theres my build log in the 2015 group build section graham , soviet aircraft GB. The F35 i havent heard much about but if its a new tool Academy then i expect it'll be excellent. I cant tempt you with a chinese then? , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

\ said:
If you want to know what the italeri su 34 is like theres my build log in the 2015 group build section graham , soviet aircraft GB. The F35 i havent heard much about but if its a new tool Academy then i expect it'll be excellent. I cant tempt you with a chinese then? , cheers tony
You could but we have just been out for an Indian :D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Aah indian , what about the su30 MKI !? That would fit the post 2000 criteria surely?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just thought of a cracker graham - the KAI t 50 golden eagle korean trainer . Academy do a fantastic 1/48 kit of this , in either the ROKAF trainer version or the Black Eagles aerobatic team version , very tasty and a nice unusual subject

F

Fenlander

Oh my, but that Black Eagles looks amazing, worth it for the black box it comes in lol. The white trainer version also looks sooooo good. Which would be the easiest to get a quality finish on? My money is on the black so long as the decals cover the black ok. Either of them could be a minefield.

F

Fenlander

Mmmm, the Black Eagles is nearly £10 more than the trainer version :eek:

F

Fenlander

Enough procrastination. I have made a decision and have ordered this one.

Thanks for the help, confusion, expense/stress and upcoming heartache trying to build it Tony ;)

I will set up a build thread when it arrives.

image_50.jpe

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent choice graham! I love this aircraft , we saw the korean aerobatic team the black eagles a few years ago at the Waddington airshow and they were superb . Really looking forward to seeing this progress , cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I would like to join in this but I'm thinking Eagle or tomcat but are they not 70s aircraft. Seen a few typhoons but need to keep looking and the time is cracking on so may not get going in time

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Tempt me Tony what's available on 1/72 or 1/48 scale in Chinese ( not a jet fan but worth a gander

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Ive just looked at the JL8 looks like the British gnat or hawk of the red arrows? A trainer light attack aircraft

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
The jl8 wouldnt meet the criteria robert as it first entered service well before 2000 , pity as trumpeter do a 1/72 kit for about £15. The ones that would be eligible and available in 1/72 and 1/48 are the j10 a/as , j10b , j20 ( only in 1/72 or 1/144) , or the recently released jl9 plateau eagle in 1/48 from trumpeter , hope this helps cheers tony

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
The jl8 wouldnt meet the criteria robert as it first entered service well before 2000 , pity as trumpeter do a 1/72 kit for about £15. The ones that would be eligible and available in 1/72 and 1/48 are the j10 a/as , j10b , j20 ( only in 1/72 or 1/144) , or the recently released jl9 plateau eagle in 1/48 from trumpeter , hope this helps cheers tony
Thanks tony ( I wanted to stay clear of the Eurofighter) looked at American jets but then saw the Chinese and Russian ( hmm still got to do my research but thanks for the tips

Regards

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Ok Tony I think I've found the jet Chengdu J10a ( introduced 2005 ) first flight 1998 and looking at Polux rules this seems to fit criteria

Bronco seem to do this in 1/48 about £25 but again don't know anything about it ( yet)

If this is ok with rules and regs I'll order it

Over to you

Kind regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Excellent choice graham! I love this aircraft , we saw the korean aerobatic team the black eagles a few years ago at the Waddington airshow and they were superb . Really looking forward to seeing this progress , cheers tony
Should be here sometime this week Tony and I will clear the desk for it. Nice to have a change and I can still clean and assemble some single link tracks while waiting for bits to dry.

Any advice on washes to 'enhance' panel line detail on a white, presumably satin or gloss finish? I was thinking maybe a medium grey just to add definition.