Jan - April 2016 Gb: The Mud Effect. Chat Thread.

P

Polux

The Mud Effect.

You can build a single kit, a small base or a diorama...but the mud must be the main subject.

Please...don’t build a Merkava and just add a few mud on the tracks :smiling3:

The Mud was a really nightmare on the WWI, on the Camel Trophy or on natural disasters.....so, let’s your imagination blow up ;)

There are an amount of techniques to emulate the mud effect, so I hope to see complete threads where everybody can learn and expose his own methods...

For any question, please post them here.

Polux

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi Polux

I have an idea if it's possible

Last year I started on a hetzer but it didn't run out well and lots of damage so ended in bin ( however I still have the base which I can muddy up and I have a couple of vehicles and some personnel I could do with it

It's German infantry and motorcycles ( would this be acceptable if I ereally cover it in #####!!

Regards

Robert

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux
I have an idea if it's possible

Last year I started on a hetzer but it didn't run out well and lots of damage so ended in bin ( however I still have the base which I can muddy up and I have a couple of vehicles and some personnel I could do with it

It's German infantry and motorcycles ( would this be acceptable if I ereally cover it in #####!!

Regards

Robert
It's fine to me......But remember the mud must be the main theme......so I want to see mud, many mud all around :D :D :D

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
It's fine to me......But remember the mud must be the main theme......so I want to see mud, many mud all around :D :D :D
Most definatly there will be mud mud glorious mud

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So where are all the entries from those that voted this in? Just asking...

P

Polux

Yes......and I'm asking, as well, where are the movie scenes and the landscapes.....:confused:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
to many choices??

Maybe we should drop the vote system and choose the subjects over a virtual pint.

F

Fenlander

You will never please everyone and, to me, the vote system just creates issues that result in controversy.  No one like to be dictated to but I do believe that, so long as the way modellers work on here is taken into consideration and ensure that there is something for everyone, a set menu of builds can be published without consultation.  It will then be down to individuals to build what they like and maybe pick something they don't to stretch themselves.