Japanese Building in Card

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi. Eldest daughter has been to Japan. Unfortunately she didn't go to Tamiya's shop :crying:, but for Father's day she gave me this .
I've only had a quick look , but there's no axles or tracks so I should be ok. :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
No painting, and no glue:smiling2: , the only worry is its card, and what does card do it burns, so matches put away.

IMG_20190618_175320658.jpg

IMG_20190618_175435549.jpg
Sorry but they've come out side ways, but I took them up right .

IMG_20190618_175441783.jpg

Card seems fairly rigid and being Japanese I can imagine it being well made, certainly looks like it from the "sprues "
IMG_20190618_175528850_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20190618_175531669.jpgIMG_20190618_175536356.jpg

Shall have a go now shes gone to Poland for a break, I've been as far as St Ives :smiling2:
So if you fancy as change join , seats available as usual from Mrs Jones Seatmasters. No refunds given.

John.

Attachments

• IMG_20190618_175528850_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20190618_175528850_BURST001.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190618_175524706_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20190618_175524706_BURST001.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,

I'm up for this and it looks really cool. At least you don't have to slice and dice the paper as it seems to be pre-cut for you. I don't get the bear critter though. Is he there to eat the unruly figures if they don't fit??? It's also level +++++, does that mean it's energy efficient or something??? You go Buddy!!!

Dude 1 getting comfy….

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Interesting one John, the lasercut board seems pretty easy to get out of the sheet.:thumb2:

Looking forward to see how it will look.

D

Deleted member 6559

Come on John - it's made of paper and you're not going to set it alight? Some supreme self control called for methinks.

Apparently the bear is Kumamon, created by the Kumamoto prefecture as a tourist symbol.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
That is something different.
Hi Paul, yes it is, thought it was something to eat at first, you know some strange thing made from seaweed:smiling3:
Put the make into Google and a whole range came up. There's a guy on Y Tube doing a speeded one, not this but some Castle.

Looking forward to this :smiling3:.
Me too Ralph .Anything thing easier that bloody axles :smiling2:

Dude 2,

I'm up for this and it looks really cool. At least you don't have to slice and dice the paper as it seems to be pre-cut for you. I don't get the bear critter though. Is he there to eat the unruly figures if they don't fit??? It's also level +++++, does that mean it's energy efficient or something??? You go Buddy!!!

Dude 1 getting comfy….
Hi Dude 1, is there a bear ? ,Oh yes, think that must be some logo thing ?
No idea what that means unless skill factor, then there'll be some swearing !

Interesting one John, the lasercut board seems pretty easy to get out of the sheet.:thumb2:

Looking forward to see how it will look.
Hi mate, yes the board looks really good, none of those burns that you see with a slightly thicker material. Will soon find out as I intend to start it in the morning.

Come on John - it's made of paper and you're not going to set it alight? Some supreme self control called for methinks.

Apparently the bear is Kumamon, created by the Kumamoto prefecture as a tourist symbol.
No Peter, matches have been put away:smiling:, increase in medication, and of course feeling sated after burning those tyres.
Thank you for the update on the bear .
A house, and what looks like a deck, of cards.

No sudden movements or sneezing chaps, lest we blow it over.
:smiling2::smiling2:
Hi Andy, should be fun, though it's not very big as I posted earlier, can see the wearing of the catch all apron a must to catch the parts as they shoot out of the card .

Will do a post tomorrow.
Thanks .
John

D

Deleted member 7181

Hi Andy, should be fun, though it's not very big as I posted earlier, can see the wearing of the catch all apron a must to catch the parts as they shoot out of the card .

I've decided that if I carry on with 1/72 I'm going to set up my bench inside one of those zorb balls. At least nothing can fly far away then and the bits should all find their way to the bottom for easy recovery :smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've decided that if I carry on with 1/72 I'm going to set up my bench inside one of those zorb balls. At least nothing can fly far away then and the bits should all find their way to the bottom for easy recovery :smiling2:
Good Idea, dry too if you happened to be outside in the rain .
NURSE !!!!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Sitting up front with fire extinguisher by my side did you say nurse???

817BD216-BF9E-4B91-A55F-60BEA882A4DD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
What's this!?? Origami for posh people?

Just keep away from the matches and I am sure you will be fine.Good luck

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well that’s a change of tack Mr Race!!

Like the others, with your reputation, I’m concerned about the sudden risk of fire around your chosen building materials:smiling5:

Fingers crossed you can stymie the urge to ‘heat this up’ :nerd::tongue-out3:....carry on!

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I hope we will get to see you doing the Kumamon dance while you build this John........

Skill level 5 sounds like you are diving in at the deep end, good luck

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hey John Arigato Goyzamas, a nice difference and it looks like it builds up to quite a nice display. The size would fit any Japanese living room shelf as they can be quite tight with space.

What you're doing is a step to 1/700 scale paper laser cut dockyard buildings and cranes. They're very detailed as I've seen some at Shizuoka. Photoetch but in paper form.

Cheers,
Richard

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I hope we will get to see you doing the Kumamon dance while you build this John........

Skill level 5 sounds like you are diving in at the deep end, good luck

Hey Simon level 5 for Mr.Race and card stock and no meds look out

• Love
Reactions: JR