Japanese Building in Card

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John. Sitting up front with fire extinguisher by my side did you say nurse???

View attachment 346453
Ha Matron,a lovely lady Lee:flushed::smiling5:

What's this!?? Origami for posh people?

Just keep away from the matches and I am sure you will be fine.Good luck
No it's not Origami that's folding paper :nerd:
I've loved it.
Well that’s a change of tack Mr Race!!

Like the others, with your reputation, I’m concerned about the sudden risk of fire around your chosen building materials:smiling5:

Fingers crossed you can stymie the urge to ‘heat this up’ ..carry on!
Ha, under strict instructions not to even think about fire, matches or anything remotely like :smiling5::smiling5:
I hope we will get to see you doing the Kumamon dance while you build this John........

Skill level 5 sounds like you are diving in at the deep end, good luck
No dancing allowed in the cave Simon,sorry.:nerd:.
Think level 5 is for kids above 15 according to the instructions.
Hi John
Well it's nothing if not different. Watching with interest.
Jim
Hi Jim, keep your eye on that Rabble, the mere mention of card has them thinking I'm about to set it slight.

Hey John Arigato Goyzamas, a nice difference and it looks like it builds up to quite a nice display. The size would fit any Japanese living room shelf as they can be quite tight with space.

What you're doing is a step to 1/700 scale paper laser cut dockyard buildings and cranes. They're very detailed as I've seen some at Shizuoka. Photoetch but in paper form.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, throughly enjoyed building, took about 2 hours.
Beautifully laser cut, some parts were a little tight to remove, but all came out ok ..

Hey Simon level 5 for Mr.Race and card stock and no meds look out
Lee , sorry to let down, all done no trouble, really enjoyed it. .
IMG_20190619_150301983.jpgIMG_20190619_150847574.jpgIMG_20190619_153849563.jpgIMG_20190619_150853512.jpgIMG_20190619_180600250_BURST001.jpgIMG_20190619_180610235.jpgIMG_20190619_180649574.jpg15609658100484061717090114028865.jpg

There finished,as I said great fun, wanted to have it done by Friday when she comes back from Poland.
John

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have you learned the song and dance yet John? :tongue-out2:

Pete
Sorry Pete posts crossed, no though it did remind me of that Korean who did a similar dance .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks great John and no issues. I forgot this is in a plastic Revell kit level 5 you did good Comander

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Dude 2,

This came out really nice and there seems to be no parts left over too! It's a shame you didn't get a few more of these for Father's Day as they are interesting and cute….So what's next??? Maybe the girls will bring you something back from Poland.........

• Haha

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very different. I like the way the parts seem to lock together, like 1:1 Japanese carpentry.
Pete

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks great John and no issues. I forgot this is in a plastic Revell kit level 5 you did good Comander
You know Lee if kit instructions were as easy as these to follow I'd probably be a better modeller.:nerd:

Wow Dude 2,

This came out really nice and there seems to be no parts left over too! It's a shame you didn't get a few more of these for Father's Day as they are interesting and cute….So what's next??? Maybe the girls will bring you something back from Poland.........
Dude 1, funny you should say that, when I'd finished I checked all the cards to make make sure I had no parts left.:smiling:
The only thing I might like from Poland is Iwona Blecharczyk:blow-kiss:images (1).jpeg

The trucking girl, but can't see Management agreeing somehow. Any woman who can handle a 60mtr truck and trailer is tops for me .:smiling2:

Very different. I like the way the parts seem to lock together, like 1:1 Japanese carpentry.
Pete
Very much Peter, there is a little movement but considering there is no glue and made from corrugated card I think it's a pretty good fit .

Back to reality tomorrow and those faces !
Thanks for the comments .
John .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 1, funny you should say that, when I'd finished I checked all the cards to make make sure I had no parts left.:smiling:
The only thing I might like from Poland is Iwona Blecharczyk:blow-kiss:214644-6efa36cea6e0ee0ef706e2d87110997a.jpg

The trucking girl, but can't see Management agreeing somehow. Any woman who can handle a 60mtr truck and trailer is tops for me .:smiling2:

Oh John,

You naughty boy you, but ya never know!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey John Arigato Goyzamas, a nice difference and it looks like it builds up to quite a nice display. The size would fit any Japanese living room shelf as they can be quite tight with space.

What you're doing is a step to 1/700 scale paper laser cut dockyard buildings and cranes. They're very detailed as I've seen some at Shizuoka. Photoetch but in paper form.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard thanks for the Japanese ,of course I had to look it up.
Could you find link for that scale you mentioned please .You never know:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 6559

Great work John - does Christine know about your Polish friend?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Looks great. Very neat. Quite clever the way it has been designed. Now put it somewhere safe away from naked flames :rolling:
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard thanks for the Japanese ,of course I had to look it up.
Could you find link for that scale you mentioned please .You never know:smiling3:

Hi John, what you're looking for is Kamizukuri. I bought their paper plants in 1/35 scale...also seatbelts and gunslings. Check out their 1/700 scale stuff. I don't think they have a website but check this link...I don't know why they label it as plastic model when they are laser cut paper.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautifully done Mr Race. Might be worth getting a bonsai tree and making a nice setting for it to be in.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John very neat and tidy and a great way to relax, it's nice to do something a bit different now and again.:thumb2:
Pete.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Nice to do something completely different sometimes, it looks as though it was fun.

Peter.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice result John, always good to build something else as a relax moment.:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry for the late replies, I've just checked in on here.

What a great relaxing build JR, that looks really nice.
Thanks Mick, its been fun.

Great work John - does Christine know about your Polish friend?
Oh yes Peter, Iwona's in Poland and I'm here.:smiling:. Fantastic driver, she drives a truck loaded 60mtr Wind power blades all over Northern Europe, i've followed her for years now.

Hi John
Looks great. Very neat. Quite clever the way it has been designed. Now put it somewhere safe away from naked flames :rolling:
Jim
Thanks Jim, neat because no glue ! A very neat idea, and extremely well made. Christine has it in a display unit in the kitchen, took it off me as soon as it was finished.

Hi John, what you're looking for is Kamizukuri. I bought their paper plants in 1/35 scale...also seatbelts and gunslings. Check out their 1/700 scale stuff. I don't think they have a website but check this link...I don't know why they label it as plastic model when they are laser cut paper.

Cheers,
Richard
Top man Richard, I will take a look , thank you .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

Beautifully done Mr Race. Might be worth getting a bonsai tree and making a nice setting for it to be in.
Ahead of your there Mr Jones , I have a collection in the garden for their summer holidays. If I remember I will take a photos for you.

Hi John very neat and tidy and a great way to relax, it's nice to do something a bit different now and again.:thumb2:
Pete.
Thanks Pete, yes very true, simple to follow and no pressure with out glue..

Nice to do something completely different sometimes, it looks as though it was fun.

Peter.

It was Peter, I just sat down and soon had it worked out, ,instructions were good and every thing maked up well on a printed list.

Nice result John, always good to build something else as a relax moment.:thumb2:
Hi Fernando, good to see you buddy. As Kay had bought it back with her I decided the least thing I could do was get it built before she called in again. Wish my models were as much fun.

John.