Jeep, 1/35, Tamiya

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
gave the wheels/tyres a pigment sludge wash to get dirt in the treads.............gave the lower half a low pressure misting of sandy yellow to give a dirty look

and calling it sort of done........did build it for a GB somewhere, had to spend only a tenner and use only what was in the box.....there is a driver figure but got his arm in the wrong place so he wont hold the steering wheel..........but ive got a plan for him, and some other bits and bobs to finish it off at some point, so there will probably be an update soon

231.jpg
330.jpg
427.jpg
526.jpg

and one for scale

622.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Love it!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so i did this for a GB elsewhere......had to be under 10 quid and out of the box.............it sat on my bench for a few days waiting to get put in a display case and every time i looked at it it just looked so bare and empty...................so i went looking in the spares box for bits and bobs lol

i didnt use the driver figure that came with the kit cos i attached his right arm in the wrong place.......wouldnt hold the steering wheel but found he sat in the passenger seat ok, sort of half turning..........im the worlds worst figure painter but its just for effect........then i found the other figure in the spares box (thats when you forget which paint you used to do the first figure and theres @20 diferent bottles/tubs of green on the bench!!)

and then for a giggle i knocked up the improvised sign post.......bits of balsa in a Tamiya fuel drum filled with No Nails lol.

serves its purpose to be set dressing for a pic........now i feel happy putting it in the display case

1111.jpg
2210.jpg
adscf010.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That looks excellent Paul:cool:,
A cracking finish,and good idea as far as sorting the Driver`s pose out! I particularly like the "Spatter" effect you`ve achieved on the sides of the Jeep,very realistic:thumb2:,
Great Stuff.
Andy

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice one Paul

Lee

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul l like the use of the fuel drum like that, different and a neat idea to add to a well offered build .

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I particularly like the "Spatter" effect you`ve achieved on the sides of the Jeep,very realistic:thumb2:,

cheers......it was easy to do.......paint is thinned Vallejo Air Sandy Yellow.....turn the pressure down on the compressor so it would just spray......misted it on gently, every now and then it would 'sputter'........the hard bit was trying not to over do it