Jeep

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
7D448803-3824-4EC4-BDFC-D8BDB9FD7BEA.jpeg472DE031-3113-4C37-8698-95D830CF832C.jpeg394A7DB1-0894-46D3-A1AA-8E3E8C92844A.jpeg
Been a while, since building anything, decided to build this Christmas present to the end regardless of any mistakes, made quite a few such as painting the seat frames wrong colour, bonnet decal not centred, not cleaning metallic paint out of airbrush before varnishing, snapping the wing mirror off and to top it off at the end I can’t find the windscreens. Anyway, I’m glad I continued and it is going on display rather than bin, getting on to next model whilst my mojo for modelling is back.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Matt
A nice model.
Anyway, I’m glad I continued and it is going on display rather than bin, getting on to next model whilst my mojo for modelling is back.
Definitely a keeper. Funnily enough this was the first model I built when I started the hobby ten years ago.
What's next?
Jim

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
View attachment 373162View attachment 373163View attachment 373164
Been a while, since building anything, decided to build this Christmas present to the end regardless of any mistakes, made quite a few such as painting the seat frames wrong colour, bonnet decal not centred, not cleaning metallic paint out of airbrush before varnishing, snapping the wing mirror off and to top it off at the end I can’t find the windscreens. Anyway, I’m glad I continued and it is going on display rather than bin, getting on to next model whilst my mojo for modelling is back.
Just a thought regarding windscreens, could you fold it flat on the bonnet then it would not be so noticeable after all windscreens got shot out. Otherwise looks good.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks great Matt. Half the mistakes you mention I would never have noticed. I would imagine back in the day that the guys putting the badges on wouldn't have bothered too much about exact positioning. Great work.

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nice Matt, well done.

I messed up the clear windscreen components with glue when I did a version of this and used instead clear plastic cut from food packaging - looked OK.

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Very nice Matt, well done.

I messed up the clear windscreen components with glue when I did a version of this and used instead clear plastic cut from food packaging - looked OK.
That’s a great idea, if they don’t turn up I’ll do just that, thanks

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Still not done the windscreens, found 1 on carpet last night so suspect the other has gone in the hoover.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Still not done the windscreens, found 1 on carpet last night so suspect the other has gone in the hoover.
Hi Matt, you could still do Peters idea with the clear plastic food packing.
I remember my first intro to Tamiya was the Jeep and Military Police personnel in late 1976...it was even my intro to 1/35 as before that I only knew Airfix and Revell. At the same time I found out about Monogram and Sheps dio of the M48 and I got a glimps of these in my friends cupboard. When he shared the Jeep to me I was amazed at the size and the parts of the equipment and figures. I was hooked...line and sinker.
What a nice choice for a mojo comeback.

Cheers,
Richard

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Hi Matt, you could still do Peters idea with the clear plastic food packing.
I remember my first intro to Tamiya was the Jeep and Military Police personnel in late 1976...it was even my intro to 1/35 as before that I only knew Airfix and Revell. At the same time I found out about Monogram and Sheps dio of the M48 and I got a glimps of these in my friends cupboard. When he shared the Jeep to me I was amazed at the size and the parts of the equipment and figures. I was hooked...line and sinker.
What a nice choice for a mojo comeback.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard
I’ve just finished a Sherman easy eight this morning, just waiting for my wife the photograph it as my phone isn’t taking great pics.
I seem to have settled on 1/35 for armoured vehicles and 1/48 for airplanes, not had much luck with planes but need to get back on it as I’ve just received a 1/48 swordfish as a birthday present, need a couple of successful builds before attempting it.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Matt, if it's the Tamiya Swordfish you have then it will be an enjoyable build. The rigging will be challenging as I think Tamiya provides PE for that. There should be some posts showing how it's done properly with the proper end connectors.

Cheers,
Richard

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Hi Richard, it is a tamiya, been watching some tutorials and definitely need a couple of successful builds under my belt before attempting.
Cheers Matt

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks very nice to me Matt:thumb2:,
Doing one myself at the moment,good fun aren`t they!
As for the broken/lost bits,well,in all the thousands of photos you can find of them..... how many HAVEN`T got stuff missing??!!!;)
Good Stuff,
Andy