JEJ's MkIXc EN398 ICM 1/48

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well after a few "fun" Moments with masks and decals I think I pulled it off. I could not fine a wing commanders penant, so thats a bummer!

The kit is am ICM Spitfire IX Some run away from them but I rather like them. They just need building and not just sticking together. The detail is good and the shape is OK. A bonus is there are loads of extra bits, single horn and angled horn elevators, normal and the pointed horizontal stab. (rudder). So with a bit of searching, you can get quite a few Mk out of a single kit!

ICM decals are excuse the phrase Crap. The JE J is painted, the roundels from a Tamiya I have for spares, the serials are from a sheet of decals I found with er, serials on. lol

Nuff waffle here are the photos. Should you think that it looks like its covered in dust, or its been snowing, I got a bloom in the satin clear coat!!! I'm not into rubbing it down, so I'll live with it.

View attachment 62126 View attachment 62125 View attachment 62124 View attachment 62123 View attachment 62127

Paints are Xtracrylix, built OOB and some rather iffy harnesses out of masking tape!

Thanks for looking.

Ian M

View attachment 63592

View attachment 63593

View attachment 63594

View attachment 63595

View attachment 63596

IMAG1003.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

IMAG1005.jpg

IMAG1006.jpg

IMAG1007.jpg

W

Waffen Bucks

Very nice Ian. Nice camo paint job, very clean lines. I like this a lot! 5*****

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice Spitfire Ian. The paint work and weathering are top notch. A bit of a shame about the satin coat, but it doesn't detract from an otherwise excellent model.

First Name
Aaron
Hi Ian, Jeeze thats a nice build,

Icm Aircraft are not for me lol, having flashbacks of doing one of thier spitfires makes me appreciate how yours has turned out.

Fricken shame about thr satin coat, ive had similar results with flat clear.

P.S what is that beast behind the spit? A P.T? Is there a thread for that build?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian, Jeeze thats a nice build, Icm Aircraft are not for me lol, having flashbacks of doing one of thier spitfires makes me appreciate how yours has turned out.

Fricken shame about thr satin coat, ive had similar results with flat clear.

P.S what is that beast behind the spit? A P.T? Is there a thread for that build?
It revells corvette HMS Snowberry, but i am building it as Bluebell. Think theres a thread some place.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Nice job Ian. About time you got your tools out and did a bit lol, ooooooohhh I sound like Ting Ting there lol

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
There's always something on the bench. I just don't post them all. :smiling:

Ian M

selrach

SMF Supporter
Nice neat job Ian, What brand of satin finish? I want to make sure I avoid it. What do you suppose caused the speckles?

Selrach

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its the same one I always use and have never had the problem before. It might just be down to me not shaking the c"#p out of it enough....

Is Vallejo and as I wrote, it is normally very good. Gives a good finish and goes down nice and flat. It might also be that its on its last legs, its quite an old bottle....

Dont let it put you off using it. (just remember to shake the living bejesus out of it.

Ian M