Jens 1/35 Amusing Hobby 8.8cm Flakzwilling Flakpanzer E-100 Anti-Aircraft Tank

J

Jens Andrée

Here is my contribution to the 2018 AA gun GB and it's the monstrous E-100 Flakpanzer!

e100-flakpanzer.jpg

Currently I don't think there are any aftermarket parts available due to it being pretty new, but standard Fruilmodel E-100 tracks fits, which I probably will get for this one since I'm not a big fan of the Amusing Hobby track links that are of a non-working type.

I'm also building a small diorama to frame the model, but that's just an idea so far and will change many times before I actually start building it.

I would love to use M.A.i.M Front '46 figures for the diorama, but at £40 each + p&p that's not an option so currently I don't know if I'm going to have figures or not in the diorama.

January 1:st is when I start the build so before that I'm working on clearing out the table of shame with all the kits that are started but not yet finished... I'm aiming to clear about half of them prior ;)

Other options I had for this GB were Panzer III Flak, Panzer IV Flak 36 and a Panzer IV Kugelblitz but settled for the E-100 because it was the most bonkers!
Just another 10 weeks and we can start!

J

Jens Andrée

The kit arrived today and apart from looking really silly, it's also a beast of a model!
I'm sort of cheating a bit by building the donor/mother kit right now (not to be used for the flakpanzer!!!), the bog standard E-100, but I've also got the new E-100 Jagdpanzer in the stash, and another E-100 from a different manufacturer so this E-100 Flakpanzer is going to complete a lineup apart from just being a GB! :smiling3:

The kit is fairly simple but it's got a tricky suspension and a few places where fit require putty, sanding and patience...
The tracks are of a working type, but somewhat fragile. I might use Friulmodel tracks on this one instead? I've not decided yet. I'm not bothered about being strict OOB. In fact a GB for me is when you pull out all the bells and whistles.

Anyhow, I'm eager to start in 8 weeks time and it's going to be a monster AA gun for sure! :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
MONSTER!!
Kugelblitz any one?

I think it qualifies, started build a bit ago, basic out of box build with rare (for me) camo theme.
If no objections, I can enter it in GB?

Jim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
dose, look good,Jens,look forward to seeing this one,:smiling:

First Name
Richard
will be watching this closely Jens interesting model

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
MONSTER!!
Kugelblitz any one?

I think it qualifies, started build a bit ago, basic out of box build with rare (for me) camo theme.
If no objections, I can enter it in GB?

Jim
Jim, that's fine........Fire away!

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm not bothered about being strict OOB. In fact a GB for me is when you pull out all the bells and whistles.

Jens. Being a strict OOB build isn't in the rules, so as long as your chosen model is within the stated rules, it's fine.

Build away, bells and whistles an' all! I look forward to seeing the progress.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm not bothered about being strict OOB. In fact a GB for me is when you pull out all the bells and whistles.
could not agree with you more Jens. But as Ron said, its all good.