Jim R's USS Missouri, Meng

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Jim very clean build indeed, well done sir, are you putting it on a stand / base or a dio. If it's a dio I've got some Jap Zeros over from my ship build PM me if you are intrested and I'll send you some pic's off them
Pete.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Thanks Ralph and Pete for looking in. I think I will put it on a simple sea base.
Been a while since an update but I have been pottering away at this. All the painting is done although the photo only shows the base coat. Got to gloss it next and then some simple weathering.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all
Thanks guys
When Pete put forward this GB he intended it to be simply fun and fairly undemanding. He was dead right. Sticking bits of this together has been light relief from painting the camo on my HMS Rodney. Very little done but one funnel bit built.
View attachment 329436
Jim

I can only guess that matron has sent him there to think about his behaviour. Rather like when I was teaching I sometimes asked the class scallywag to stand in the corridor and consider what he had done :tongue-out3:
I would like to point out that I was not responsible for anything, it was Steve Jones, and I did not put the dead frog in
Matrons pocket either,...........Ow.......... that hurt .
John :smiling2:
But did he put a real live toad in the hole or salt in the sugar bowl ? :sick::nerd::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4:

you guys give me a right good belly laugh its nice to have a good bit of humor on here
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
The ship is finished. The decals are not decals they are stickers - surprisingly they went on fine. The little bit of rigging was done with standard Uschi rigging thread. Weathering kept to a minimum. Oil washes and a bit of a pin wash. Just the base to do.

P1050783.JPG

P1050784.JPG

P1050785.JPG

P1050786.JPG

P1050787.JPG

A lot of fun so big thanks to Pete for this GB. I would never have built a Toon if it were not for the GB.

Jim

First Name
Wouter
Well it sure is an original subject. Nicely executed Jim, well done. I'm personally a fan of a bit more weathering, but everyone's got different taste. In any case, very neat finish. Stickers look good too!

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Jim, excellent build and finish as expected, and as you said you had fun building it and that what the GB was all about, thank you for taking part in the GBand you never know you may build another one one day.
Pete.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Jim,

I just caught back up with this and she looks great for a toon. Still is a shame you didn't get the fat eagle with it. Nice work and finish on the "Mighty Mo"!!! I bet this isn't your last toon either...……………...

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very nice Jim,
Some nice clean modelling of this deadly looking ship! Wouldn’t of liked to be the barrel cleaning guy....you’d be at it all week:tired:
Hope the base goes as well as the ship:smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks good Jim, that rigging is brilliant.
John.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Jim,
Some nice clean modelling of this deadly looking ship! Wouldn’t of liked to be the barrel cleaning guy....you’d be at it all week:tired:
Hope the base goes as well as the ship:smiling4:
Lovley work Jim she looks great an as Si said about the barrels :smiling: I just wish I could build my ships this quick im sure she's a winner in comp

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice looking finish Jim, will look great complete with a base.:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys. I'm calling this done. It was a beautifully engineered kit and fun to build. Big thanks to Pete, our resident Toon Master, 'cause without him suggesting this GB I would never have considered a Toon build.
More piccies in the completed GB section.

P1050793.JPG

Jim