Jims Phantom

J

Jim Scott

Hi All managed to get a Revell Phantom C/D on eBay, should be delivered by the end of the week. After reading Danny's thread re the canopies, I sure hope its all there. :smile8:

jim

1275GT

That looks rather nice, Jim..........I see we were thinking along the same lines !!! ;)

Cheers, Neil

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome aboard!

My vote goes for the first one in your pictures....lol

It does look nice in that nice shiny black.

Ian M

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Jim and a warm welcome to the forum. Should be good to see two Phantom's being built at the same time and again great to see a second hand kit being finally put together.

J

Jim Scott

Thanks Chaps, I the moment I have had no luck in sourcing the appropriate decals in 1/48. I will keep looking on the old tinternet but may end up making them myself.

Cheers Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know its not THE ones you are after, but if you want some that are a bit different, how about Buy Eagle Strike ESP48268 1:48 scale from Hannants. We sell Aircraft decals (military), models, decals, paints & books.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hej Jim. I found them for you!!!

How lucky was that!!!

Buy Syhart Decal SY48050 1:48 scale from Hannants. We sell Aircraft decals (military), models, decals, paints & books.

You better be quick though only two sets left!

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Wow Jim, you've set yourself a task there mate. But what model it'll be when it's done.

I'll look forward to seeing it finished.

Tony.

J

Jim Scott

Well Chaps it is done I have ordered the decals for Archangel 2005 from Syhart, I had been intending to do the Black Bunny but as I need to improve the old skill level and haven't put a decal on a kit since the mid seventies this should be a good exercise :exercise3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good man!

I will so look forward to that!!!

Ian M

First Name
Michael
GO JIM!!!! Looking forward to seeing this come together. M

1275GT

N'awwww, poor bunny :sad: But good luck with the angel !!

Cheers, Neil

J

Jim Scott

Flash?

View attachment 59329Hi All made a start on the Phantom, started to clean off some flash and do a bit of priming on the cockpit. I have one silly question (probable the first of many) not knowing a great deal about aircraft and or pilot equipment, can anyone tell me is the ridge on the helmet supposed to be there? I don't think it's part of the sun visor, however I may be wrong. sorry about the quality of the picture, the kit is a Revell 1/48 phantom c/d.

Many Thanks

Jim

View attachment 61124

image.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think that it is safe to remove that ridge. A bit hard to see in the photo, but I am pretty certain it's just the mould line.

Also while carrying them around the visor would most likely be covered with a black cloth to keep them clean and smudge free.

Ian M

J

Jim Scott

Right then, I have made the fuba of all fubas:fool:, I did intend to do the Archangel 05 in 1/48, however in my lack of kit building experience and total nievity not to mention lack of thinking at the time have ordered 1/72 archangel decals. So realising my plank of a mistake have gone out and purchase a 1/72 phantom anniversary. So suffice to say i have jumped in at the peruvial deep end, and will now be attempting (and that's the operative word) the archangel and the black bunny.

View attachment 59622View attachment 59621

View attachment 61387

View attachment 61388

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: