Joe's 1/72 Revell Sea Hurricane IIC

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming on great Joe . these Revell hurricanes are lovely little kits arent they . At this rate youll be over the finish line weeks before me !! cheers tony

First Name
Neil
Are the missing bits in the leading edge of the wings lights? I assume so as they are also on my airfix one. How do you intend to paint them? Just curious, are you going to paint them silver inside or do something else?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Tony, they are nice kits. I haven't built Airfix's IIC, probably never will now but this kit with it's minor flaws is a nice one to build.

\ said:
looks good so far, looking forward to the weathering
I don't do much in the way of weathering, I prefer a cleaner finish to my aeroplanes but I will apply some very light weathering.

\ said:
Are the missing bits in the leading edge of the wings lights? I assume so as they are also on my airfix one. How do you intend to paint them? Just curious, are you going to paint them silver inside or do something else?
Hi Neil. Yes, the missing sections in the wing leading edges are for the landing lights. I will add them last after the final matt varnish is finished. The mould in the Revell lights has a mould-release blob inside, which to me looks much like a bulb, so I will add a drop of silver to the back of the light and set it in place with PVA. I've seen some very nice methods for making landing lights look realistic, from making bulbs from blobs of clear sprue or PVA, to complete homemade replacement jobs including freshly made lenses. In 1/72 I can't be bothered with such detail, the kit lights look sufficient to me.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
First Name
Aaron
Looking awesome Joe, the windscreen is one reason I shy away from aircraft. These took rockets as added armorment right?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
First Name
Aaron
Those pics...tthat would make a dope diorama. The only reason I know about the rockets is war thunder, I love flying the brits.