John Huggins Chieftain Mk5

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John, I built this same Tamiya kit recently....That's it on my avatar. It's an easy, straight forward kit (just as well where I'm concerned!)

I found the paint scheme on Google Images. Loads of cammo choices and ideas on there, so good hunting and make sure you post plenty of pics. when the fun starts!

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

Made this ealier this year and i enjoyed it, a few little part-fitting worries but it's a nice kit to build.

the rivet counters don't seem to like this model as there's version descrepencies, i don't think it's that apparent to be honest (as little as i know obviously:smiling3:)

J

John Huggins

Thanks Colin, the rivet counters don't bother me as i'm in it for the fun of the build.

Have fun

John

K

Keith9657

I've always liked the Chieftain, John. I'll be watching this one with interest, no matter how many rivets its got!

Keith

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I seen this model before somewhere, can't think though lol. Good choice John.

Have fun, John

J

John Huggins

The big day has arived (at last).

Will be taking chiey to work and make a start on it there, this one may be a bit of a rush job as i have a lot going on at the moment, my youngest has just given birth 4 mth early so im back & forth from the hospital evry day, but i will do my best.

Looking forward to seeing all your builds.

Have fun.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Congrats with the Grand kids. No need to rush there are three months to do it in.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Your youngest and grandchildren are the mine priority John, modelling can take a back burner. Congrats on the little one mate.

Have fun, John

J

John Huggins

Thanks for the congrats Keith/John, it's a bit touch & go at the mo the little mights in ICU at the moment so this build will be a distraction for me.

Back to the build, this one will be OTB build so no (playing) with this one.

I will try all i have learnt from all the forums on this sit & see what happens.

Just got back from my 12hr night shift & this is all i could muster.

View attachment 47136View attachment 47137View attachment 47138View attachment 47139View attachment 47140View attachment 47141View attachment 47142

Went together very easy almost built itself, the lower hull is not glued on yet as i will have the drivers hatch moveable.

One quick coat of primer (brushed on) hardly take a spray gun to work.

Will paint wheels & put a top coat on tonight brushed on again.

Have fun

John

View attachment 50114

View attachment 50115

View attachment 50116

View attachment 50117

View attachment 50118

View attachment 50119

View attachment 50120

P1030668.jpg

P1030669.jpg

P1030670.jpg

P1030671.jpg

P1030672.jpg

P1030673.jpg

P1030674.jpg

K

Keith9657

The little one will be in my thoughts and prayers, John.

John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
By heck, you're not hanging about John lol. I've only gave mine a good looking at, you've got the turret built. Nice one.

Have fun, John

C

CDW

The tank looks as though its falling together .... however ..more importantly we here hope all goes well with the little one.