(Johns)1:24 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5/A-6

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi guys n girls here's my entry for the 1/24 sig build hope you like it.

I would describe the kit as a cheap n cheerful offering although it was part of a double deal from Airfix the other being the typhoon the pair for £75.00 I find it somewhat disappointing as it's lacking I a lot of detail and I can see that there will be a fair amount of cleaning and filling of parts.

Okay here's the artwork and what's inside more later.......................

Thanks for looking and any help and comments you leave cheers John View attachment 119812

View attachment 119813

View attachment 119814

View attachment 119815

View attachment 119816

View attachment 119817

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

£75 the pair???????

That's the 190 for free then! ;)

I've always wanted to build this kit so I'll enjoy your one John

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
£75 the pair???????
That's the 190 for free then! ;)

I've always wanted to build this kit so I'll enjoy your one John
Yeah Patrick I was lucky enough to get the two for £75. I'm really happy I didn't pay the going price for the 190 as I maybe standing on top of a very tall building looking for a fast way down right now. £25 would be the absolute maximum I'd advise paying for this kit and feel a fair purchase price for both parties would be £20.

It will be straight oob build and I maybe :eek: might add some scratched details if I can find ref: from somewhere.

Thanks John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Well looking forward to seeing your huge kit never built one of these aircraft so u can inspire me too build one

First Name
Dave
I fancied doing one of these.But I definately wouldn't pay the RRP as it needs a lot of work to make a decent model. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it John.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
I fancied doing one of these.But I definately wouldn't pay the RRP as it needs a lot of work to make a decent model. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it John.
I'm kinda of hoping that Hans will fill the cockpit Dave as it's really lacking of detail and as I said £20 and no more for this kit otherwise you'll feel cheated.
But I'll do my best and see how if turns out:confused:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Be aware that there are some fit issues with the engine and front cowling ring. I last built one 20+ years ago and don't remember exactly what I did to fix it. I'm sure a google of some other builds will throw up a solution.

Good luck!

Cheers

Steve

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Be aware that there are some fit issues with the engine and front cowling ring. I last built one 20+ years ago and don't remember exactly what I did to fix it. I'm sure a google of some other builds will throw up a solution.
Good luck!

Cheers

Steve
Thanks for the heads up im coming to that stage very soon:sad:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Something not right about that first photo - I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is not right.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Tiny update lol. A re scribe of the tail fin as the actual detail was barely noticeable. I've cleaned up all the guns (6) drilled out the barrels. A lot of parts cleaned and tidied up and primed to help in the next stages of progress. Thanks for looking in cheers John View attachment 120947

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks a bit more WIP

Ok having being informed (thanks stona)of the bad ill fitting parts I "tried" a dry fit.

Not a chance so this is going to require the patience of a saint loads of super glue and a roll of masking tape loads of swearing and cursing. Hopefully more later................................. Thanks John :confused:View attachment 121265

View attachment 121266

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
A minor victory in this battle but the war is not over by a long shot :confused:View attachment 121395

Well to anyone who as built and completed this model previously I hope you received an award a medal or at the very least a certificate. Too anyone else who hasn't built the 190 do yourself a favour Don't! As it's very painful and tiresome. From the cockpit to cowling ring as stona had warned me is a complete nightmare to get right. I've spent the best part of the day trying and this is where I'm at. This kit is definitely not for the short tempered amongst us:smiling3:

But I'll keep fighting the good fight and see if I can kick it into some kind of submission as I see other problems on the horizon more later:eek:.......................................l

Thanks for looking in cheers John

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: