Johns 1/35 Zevzda StuG B for Bobs GB

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Bob for the photo.

Not a great productive day today due to a neighbors funeral , but did manage to a few more coats done to the figures.

Staring to look something, this time I'm applying thin coats of paint , hence some patchy looking bits here and there.

Once I get the uniforms done I'll start the faces.
Any tips more than welcome.

2019.jpg

2019_2.jpg

2019_3.jpg

2019_6.jpg
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John.
As thanks Peter, that black is Vallejo, always seems to have that satin look about it.
Just adding thin coats so as not to obliterate the details on the jackets of the officers as want to show those medals .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great start on the figures mate. I like the way you have them positioned.

As for tips - If you smell gas in the house light a match and go into each room. If you hear a loud explosion that's where the gas leak is.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I see the silly season has started, it never takes long on my builds, no matter how I try to ask pertinent questions. The rabble respond as only they could.

QUOTE="Steve Jones, post: 473386, member: 6583"]

As for tips - If you smell gas in the house light a match and go into each room. If you hear a loud explosion that's where the gas leak is.
[/QUOTE]
Your taking the **** I can't do that fortunately as we have no gas.! I'd seen the work of the gas installers and decided a big NO. Loads of call backs, with gas and water leaks. This of course was years ago when the house was built, the was no Gas Safety in those far off days. :smiling::smiling:

1576784144759.png

To Neil , Simon , Paul, 570 and lastly Jakko ,that was some weird video. :smiling2::smiling2: but fun.
Thank you . :smiling2::smiling2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si

Top advice as per Mr jones :nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That’s not what Mrs Race says about you John:smiling5:

Nice start on the figures
Oh you've been speaking to her have you:smiling:, currently banned from eating :disappointed::disappointed: ANY German cooked sausages after an out break of extreme gas. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: All sources of ignition have been removed.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening, rained here from 0700 AND STILL RAINING !

Had a good afternoon in the cave, base was prepared last night, today used the Sculpamould, for the first time. Would def use again, one of the main reason was the imprinting of tracks, normally with wall filler or dry lining adhesive you gum up the tracks, not so this time so top marks for that.

2019.jpg

and

2019_2.jpg
Mixed with slightly less water than it actually said as i'd primed the board underneath with some P.V.A. Certainly dries quickly, but still leaving overnight before put any paint on.

Little more done to the figures.
2019_10.jpg

2019_9.jpg

The map was in the figure instruction leaflet, there were 3 in total, so two have gone into the decal spares box.
Also painted some Sea Foam to make some Silver Birch , they can be seen in the photos in the back ground of the StuG at the test ground.
Photos tomorrow .
Thanks for looking in, the figures still need a little work on them , but I can't cope to well with the detail on the faces, rely on the Vallejo War Game wash that Tim Marlow recommended to me to bring out any detail .
John.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Lovely John :thumb2:

Whats missing is them taking a selfie to show dear old mum what a lovely thing a StuG is

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lovely John :thumb2:

Whats missing is them taking a selfie to show dear old mum what a lovely thing a StuG is
Thanks Bob:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3: If the base would hurry up and dry this could be done for Christmas !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just reading Simon's T18 build think I should have coloured the " mould " as well.
It's slowly drying, no where as fast as the dry linning adhesive I would normally use, but so much lighter. Anyway that bucket of adhesive is well over a year old, had it since I refurbished the cave, and nearly empty anyway .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Having left the bass near some heat in the house today I found it to be dry, so set too and sprayed some Vallejo colour used a dark German Armour brown and over sprayed with some lighter.
I left it to dry and it looked a bit pale so applied by brush some artists acrylic paint, as I said in the previous post I think the colour should be added as its mixed.

2019_6.jpg
Those white looking patches are where I brushed the artist well watered colour on and removed some of the Vallejo :confused::smiling2: Still its all good fun.

2019_11.jpg

2019_12.jpg

Mr StuG is just placed on top , some mud from the Vallejo pot will bed it in.

Meanwhile the motley crew have been pressed ganged into trying it out.

2019_9.jpg
Mikhail on the left was quite happy sitting in his T34. He looks a bit fed up with all this. :crying:

Meanwhile the boss Captain l Kirill has found the map of the test site and is about to instruct Mikhail where he wants him to go.

2019_8b.jpg

Thanks for following, comments always welcome.
John.

Evert time I post I suddenly see bits I've missed. :smiling2::smiling2::tongue-out3:

Attachments

• 2019_8b.jpg
    2019_8b.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019_9.jpg
    2019_9.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening from Race Towers, where the festive lights are shinning on the tree.

2019_8.jpg

Meanwhile in the dungon cave I have dressed the other trees, and just about finished. Going to take some proper photos in the light box and out side over the next week.

2019_2.jpg
Think I will move the guy of the back and put him with Mikhail the driver

2019_3.jpg

2019_4.jpg

2019_5.jpg

2019_7b.jpg

Just a bit of a clean up, copy the photo and print it off of the real tank on the test site , print the label and that will be it.

Comments welcome as always.

John

Attachments

• 2019_6.jpg
    2019_6.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 5