Johns 1/48 Tropical Dioarama(thread closed)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone having thought long and hard about what to do for this sig build in the sand.I pulled this from the stash and plan to make a base for it with a bit of planking lots of sand and some supplies and perhaps a few figures but I am open to any ideas or suggestions you may have on this subject. I'm going to lock myself away in the man cave today and see how far I can progress with this. I may also do a second sig build on this theme to run alongside this but won't be making my mind up as to what it is yet as there are lots of options. Anyway thanks for looking and any help and guidance offered thanks John .

Box Art View attachment 110615

Camo Scheme:confused:View attachment 110616

The BitsView attachment 110617

View attachment 110618

The Clear Bits

View attachment 110619

Progress to follow shortly............. Thanks John

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Little truck for the dioarama I'll try and get this knocked together today and I have some mdf for a base so I should get an idea of the size required. Thanks for looking in cheers John View attachment 110651

image.jpg

P

Polux

Welcome on board!!

Looking a very nice idea, and this Blitz looks genial :smiling3:

I will be watching this one!

D

dubster72

That all looks ace John! Can you provide more info about the 109 kit? I've been thinking about doing a tropical version for ages!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
That all looks ace John! Can you provide more info about the 109 kit? I've been thinking about doing a tropical version for ages!
It's a great kit from Airfix Patrick nicely detailed and goes together with ease with no fuss or problems to report.I highly recommend it. I'm sure there are better ones to be had at a price but I'm more than happy with this one.

D

dubster72

\ said:
It's a great kit from Airfix Patrick nicely detailed and goes together with ease with no fuss or problems to report.I highly recommend it. I'm sure there are better ones to be had at a price but I'm more than happy with this one.
That's a good enough recommendation for me John! I'll be taking notes on your build for future reference ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice work so far John, they will make for a great diorama setting. The 109 is looking awesome.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 110968

Small update a bit of camo painting on the 109 and the blitz sprayed and dry brushed. Klear next than the decals followed by a wash then I can start thinking about the base layoutimage.jpg

First Name
Aaron
That opel kit looks ace...I have a trop 109 in 1/32 with the same decals.

Yours looks awesome.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 111004

\ said:
That opel kit looks ace...I have a trop 109 in 1/32 with the same decals.
Yours looks awesome.
Cheers Aaron both have been great kits to build I would love to see your 1/32 trop 109 as in that scale it would be most impressive I have a 1/32 myself but not a trop one unfortunately. But I'm sure I'll be ripping the lid off it soon ......... Thanks for looking in and the nice comments cheers John

image.jpg

P

Polux

Excellent work so far!

Mmmm...the Blitz kit looks genial and a very interesting option!!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thread closed please see completed section many thanks John