John's (Airfix MF)1/32 Bf 109G-2 Gunther Rall

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Well, I have had this kit planned for a long time, and seeing the poll go up in favour of the 109, I have taken it out to be built.

This is the base kit- Trumpeter's 1/32 Bf 109G-2. It is generally an excellent kit with the most accurate dimensions of a 1/32 109G apart from it's spinner which no manufacturer seems to get right. However, it's engine is too short and small inside but that will be fixed up by some aftermarket.

trumpeter02294reviewbf_4.jpg

Next up is a Zoom set by eduard. It is for a G-6, but eduard doesn't do G-2 sets, so I will stick with this and use by referencing to omit G-6 only parts.

32788_1.gif

I then got an engine for it, but no available G-2 engines are around, so I got the eduard brassin Bf 109G-6 one. This one has stacks of detail on it. The idea is to omit the MG 131s in favour of the kit MG 17s and redo the firing leads.

632025_2.png
maxresdefault.jpg

Last up are some cowl latches from Yahu which are necessary as I am doing a full cowl open except for the lower one, as the Brassin engine doesn't have the lower part and the kit  engine is undersized, prohibiting me from kit bashing them together.

yahu-models-1-32-luftwaffe-latch-10-pcs.jpg

I will be beginning this build in a week

Cheers, John

Last edited:
B

Builder

Nice one John. Thats 2 1/32 Bf109's now in this GB, Really like how you will keep the cowl open and show the engine, good luck with that. 

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Thanks, but my Iwata HP CH head assembly just broke due to my stupidity and now I have had to fork out some more money for one.   >:sad:  Guess that will set me back by another week until it arrives from Japan.....

John