Joker!

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all,
Hope everyone’s well... I’ve made a start on another bust which like my last one has something of the comic book villain about him. The figure is by Altores Studios and is called “Restless patient” and is in a completely different colour scheme to the one I have chosen. To me he is clearly meant to be the Joker from Batman and I think this is the first non military or historical figure I’ve done since a Tamiya T Rex in the 1970’s!
I wanted the try painting a face in different flesh tones so this is done largely in shades of white, lilac and grey...Not sure if it works or not but I hope you approve so far!
Thanks
Jason
DE056354-920A-48A4-89B5-4E46E9B6CDCE.jpeg
03F107F8-0FDE-45F3-A2C5-6D5EE894DFA8.jpeg
5DB5FF3E-CCD1-46BA-962C-8A8C4D4C5403.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Like that a lot. Really good facial tones.....and great eyes and mouth work. The scar works great against the green hair as well....

I have some fantasy ghouls next up on my painting table, and have been wondering how to paint the skin on them.....and then this pops up....
I think a similar scheme would work really well for them so would like to steal this colour scheme if I may ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is one sick individual......I Love IT!!! One of my favorite Batman characters. That is the dog's cahoonas if you ask me. Rick H.

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Needs a nice "Property of Arkham Asylum" stencil on the straightjacket

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Nicely done - especially the darker shading around the eyes which really empasise them.

Peter

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Thanks all very much appreciated.... I think there will be some lettering on the straight jacket although much shorter than your suggestion Mark... that might prove too taxing for my eyesight! The box art has the jacket in one colour but I'm doing it in stripes...pics to follow!
I terms of the colours Tim...its mainly been Vallejo Game Heavy warm grey ( which is almost lilac to my eyes) for the base coat then pale sand, AK Ivory, AK Grey brown and Vallejo Off white.
Thanks
Jason

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cracking shirt Jason. Looks like a new signing for Newcastle United LOL....
many thanks for the skin recipe as well...hope I can do it justice.....

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A beauty. Resembles Willem Dafoe. PaulE

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Cracking shirt Jason. Looks like a new signing for Newcastle United LOL....
many thanks for the skin recipe as well...hope I can do it justice.....
Thanks Tim... would that be the Looney Toon Army?
Brilliant. I might not sleep tonight.
Thanks Colin... sorry about that
A beauty. Resembles Willem Dafoe. PaulE
Cheers Paul.... apparently there's a bit of speculation that Dafoe will be in future movies as the Joker!

Thanks
Jason.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You certainly have captured the madness of the Joker. Very impressive all ready and there is still more to come. Great work Jason

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Nice one Jason.Really stunning colours and painting.
Lovely work.
Rich.
Thanks Rich... its a pleasant change to use some of the other colours than just field green!
You certainly have captured the madness of the Joker. Very impressive all ready and there is still more to come. Great work Jason
Cheers Steve,
I now have most of the figure finished and should hopefully post some pics tomorrow!
Jason.