Jsu-122-2

P

PaulDG

I have no idea if this works or not, hope it does, at least until I figure out the album thingy

JSU-122-2 pictures by Felixx_bucket - Photobucket

P

panzer6

What a "Russian monsters". I like weathering on both of them. What brand they are? Regards. Bart.

First Name
Aaron
Almost enough to make me open my dml 3 in 1 JSU...Almost...the indy tracks keep me at bay...for now

Nice job on yours Paul.

P

PaulDG

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Bart, they are both Dragon kits, the T-34 if I recall correctly is the 6205 model and the JSU 122 is the Cyber hobby orange box thingy 9112, the 3-in-1 that Aaron mentioned. Both have a few after market bits on them but not so much the 122.

Aaron, I avoid the boxed plastic tracks like the plague, I know some of them are really good quality but they just don't cut it for me. I reckon that if a model is worth doing it's worth doing right and I say you can't beat the natural sag from metal tracks. The T-34 has the plastic after market ones, a bit fiddly to assemble with all the tiny pins but not a bad result, although they will be replaced with metals in the near future. The 122 has Friuls as you can probably see by the saggy bits.

Cheers guys

Last edited:
First Name
Aaron
Hey Paul did you build the DShK? It has like 11 pieces.

So the tracks are metal? They must have cost more than the kit? They DO look fantastic,Unfortunatly i have like 8 model kits with indy links, So i have to learn indy track skills.Once again both models look great mate.

P

PaulDG

Yeah, the Dashka was a bit tricky but I wasn't too happy with the end result so I'm currently looking for an aftermarket one, preferably resin or metal. The Friul tracks are a bit pricey yeah but the end result is spot on in my humble opinion. As for the indy track links then yeah go for it. Like I say some of them are nicely detailed and can look the business.

First Name
Aaron
ET models do a P.E set for the DShK and DShKM AA in 1/35

JB models do this 1/35 JBModel.eu Model Metal, Wooden Accessories - Hobby Online Store.

I havent found a resin 1/35 set as of yet.

P

PaulDG

Now that JBModel dashka is exactly what I need, thank you Aaron:clap: