July-October 2015 GB: Soviet Aircraft. Chat Thread.

P

Polux

Yep!!

New GBs are coming ;)

Soviet Aircraft!! If you turn it over and it says made in USSR on the bottom all is well. Civil or military, and all nations as well.

You can start it on first July.

Any doubts....post here please ;)

Polux

First Name
Neil
Does it need to have Soviet markings? I have a Mig-21PF that I want to do in North Vietnamese but I can always get another and make it Soviet instead.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I wonder if Yak face might need some guidance with this one :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Does it need to have Soviet markings? I have a Mig-21PF that I want to do in North Vietnamese but I can always get another and make it Soviet instead.
Made in USSR!!!

I need no more... ;)

Go for it!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
It does say in the intro post "all Nations" As long as the aircraft is a Russian built/licensed it will be ok. It doesn't have to be an aeroplane either. Some very nice egg beaters out there as well.

Ian M

First Name
Neil
\ said:
It does say in the intro post "all Nations" As long as the aircraft is a Russian built/licensed it will be ok. It doesn't have to be an aeroplane either. Some very nice egg beaters out there as well.
Ian M
Are you telling a support engineer to RTFM? I'm outraged! Although, I did realise that I probably ought to have read it before posting after the fact :sad:

Still, I think I shall be doing this one with aforementioned Eduard 1/48 Mig 21-PF. Build post to follow soon - now for the tricky part - negotiating some non-DIY weekends with the wife - I mean, the front door is still there so does it really need painting? (yes)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looking forward to this......going to do something i could never afford when i was a nipper :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I think i might join in on this one ! Im sure ive got something suitable in the stash , although ive not got many to choose from , only about 30 or so !!? Cheers tony

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have too much on to join in, pity as I have three Mig-21's and a Mil-17 I'm keen to build sooner rather than later.

I could have done this scheme - http://www.fast-air.co.uk/qinetiq-boscombe-down-mi-17-project-curium/ for the raspberry ripple SIG!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
I think i might join in on this one ! Im sure ive got something suitable in the stash , although ive not got many to choose from , only about 30 or so !!? Cheers tony
Ahh, I wondered where you where.........................................

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
ok i need a bit of help making up my mind so ill post the three contenders and by this time tomorrow the one with the most votes wins . The three Ive whittled it down to are - Italeri 1/72 Su 34 'Fullback' (to be done in the latest grey/blue scheme) , Amodel 1/72 Tupolev tu 128 'Fiddler' , and lastly Amodel 1/72 Yak 25 rv 'Mandrake' Heres the box tops , let me know which one you like best , cheers tony

View attachment 113169

View attachment 113170

View attachment 113171

DSCN1121 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1122 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1123 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
looking forward to this......going to do something i could never afford when i was a nipper :smiling3:
Go on then Paul , I'm dying to know what it is!!