Junior's Grubenhaus and Anderson Shelter

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So apologies but what follows is purely down to parental pride (Si, Bob - Sorry for the repeat)....

Back in May last year Junior (he was 10 - 3rd year of Junior school) had to do a project on Vikings and decided to a make Grubenhaus. Then last October they were doing WW2 and they had to make an Anderson Shelter (he was still 10 but in the 4th year of Junior school). Whislt I obviously provided help and guidance, he was responsible for the majority of what follows.

ACW

Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------
39870530160_f6aa0c020a_c.jpg

40967231894_7690a5d124_c.jpg

26809769717_54a50beffc_c.jpg

40967223304_0240d72eea_c.jpg
40967158664_f1432dd947_c.jpg

44296695515_c6dfbc9fcf_c.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well done Junior. Those are great models. I was a teacher for nearly 40 years and if someone in my class made stuff as good as that he would certainly have got an A+ and a smiley face sticker :tongue-out3:
Very good to see young people interested in model making.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff, the Grubenhaus in particular is fantastic....love the crinkle tin on the Anderson as well.....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Andrew,

A tip of my hat to your son for 2 fantastic projects!!! Both are so well done and the figure puts the Grubenhaus into perspective…..

I learn something new everyday as I didn't know Vikings (my Forefathers) had rifles, uniforms, and helmets without horns…...…..

I'll get my coat...….

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Makes two of us...and yes, cracking work on both structures.
Rick H.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all - thanks for the comments. I've shown them to Junior.

Well done Junior. Those are great models. I was a teacher for nearly 40 years and if someone in my class made stuff as good as that he would certainly have got an A+ and a smiley face sticker :tongue-out3:
Very good to see young people interested in model making.
Jim

Jim, thank you for that. He got some pretty good comments and feedback from the teachers at school!

Great stuff, the Grubenhaus in particular is fantastic....love the crinkle tin on the Anderson as well.....

Thanks Tim. The Anderson was just corrugated cardboard with one side very carefully removed, which we then coated in thinned PVA to smooth of.

More than happy to see this again Andrew and Junior :thumb2:

Si, Thanks for the forebearance!! ;)

Evening Andrew,

A tip of my hat to your son for 2 fantastic projects!!! Both are so well done and the figure puts the Grubenhaus into perspective…..

I learn something new everyday as I didn't know Vikings (my Forefathers) had rifles, uniforms, and helmets without horns…...…..

I'll get my coat...….

Prost
Allen

Allen

Thank you very much. Apparently, and my son was very insistent on this fact, only ceremonial helmets had horns! Who knew!?!?!?! :fearful:

Very good!!! Next show him a Stug (catch em young) lol

Don't worry Bob. I've already got two but the paint finish is so bad they will never see the light of any forum!!!!

Some great work I have never heard of a grubenhaus before.

Thanks Scottie. Neither had I.

Makes two of us...and yes, cracking work on both structures.
Rick H.

Rick, Much appreciated.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's 3 I'd never heard of the word either .
Great modeling by your son Andrew, has a real talent. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's 3 I'd never heard of the word either .
Great modeling by your son Andrew, has a real talent. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks John. I'll let him know!!!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I did know the word 'grubenhaus' - I was an avid fan of Time Team, and they were always looking for them in their digs ( can't remember if they ever found one ).
The Anderson shelter - as a kid in the early 60's, our next door neighbour still had one - albeit derelict, but I remember seeing them in use as sheds! Not uncommon to see them transplanted to allotments, as well.
Superb renditions - it makes me want to slip my dioramas bases quietly into the bin! Well done Junior!
Dave

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I did know the word 'grubenhaus' - I was an avid fan of Time Team, and they were always looking for them in their digs ( can't remember if they ever found one ).
The Anderson shelter - as a kid in the early 60's, our next door neighbour still had one - albeit derelict, but I remember seeing them in use as sheds! Not uncommon to see them transplanted to allotments, as well.
Superb renditions - it makes me want to slip my dioramas bases quietly into the bin! Well done Junior!
Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll pass on your comments to Junior! I though he will be chuffed. ATB. Andrew

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Andrew, your parental pride is totally justified!
All you have to now is keep him away from 'fortnight'......
My 12 year old grandson used to make models with me at that age but he's not bothered any more
Good Luck!
N

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew, your parental pride is totally justified!
All you have to now is keep him away from 'fortnight'......
My 12 year old grandson used to make models with me at that age but he's not bothered any more
Good Luck!
N

Neil

Thank you very much. If he fulfils even half his promise he will far surpass me in more ways than one. As for fortnight he already discovered but doesn't seem addicted.

Andrew

PS BTW it's spelt Fortnite :smiling2: