Junker Ju52 Build

First Name
Carl
Beautifully done.
Thanks Peter, of all the models I’ve made since I started up earlier this year this revell is probably the best one yet to put together. It just seemed to fit very well or at least compared to the ones I built before it. I could recommend it and it’s not too difficult to build if your a beginner like me.

First Name
Carl
Thanks Scottie, I learn a little
More with each one and hopefully they are just that bit better than the last one I did.
If I had to sum up the minor issues I had, most of which are purely down to my lack of experience I need to find a better
Method or practice more painting wheels. Without masks this seems to be an area I have not perfected yet. Also taking a little more care when glueing the clear parts. I managed to frost a small edge on the rear gunners wind shield. It’s not terrible but could have been avoided. Take a little more care removing masking tape, I did pull a couple of bits of paint, again not very large but me at I had to retouch which could have been avoided. Mind, I could probably blame the Vallejo primer as many have stated it’s not the best. (Although I shouldn’t blame the tools).
ProbLy the final one is just double checking, dry fitting major parts before glueing to avoid small gaps. Again this one was peettt good but there weee a couple of areas o should have spent longer to improve things.
Carl

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Carl well you say youre a begginer well i dont think so can i just say youve done a smashin job of this build an i never seen a JU /52 with the gunners postions on the canopy at the back of fualarge yea but not at the canopy an it looks very real i'll give you 10 out of 10 for this model very well done
ATB chris ps can you put on a pic of the box top ?

Last edited:

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
very very nicely done ...... an iconic aircraft from ww2 ......

First Name
Carl
HI Carl well you say youre a begginer well i dont think so can i just say youve done a smashin job of this build an i never seen a JU /52 with the gunners postions on the canopy at the back of fualarge yea but not at the canopy an it looks very real i'll give you 10 out of 10 for this model very well done
ATB chris ps can you put on a pic of the box top ?

Thanks for the comments, yes, this kit comes with two cockpit canopies one with opening for gun mount and the other fixed. I just thought it would be interesting to add this detail as most l have seen never added it. I was wondering how they fired the gun as it looked like they would have had to stand on one of the pilot seats so I’m not sure what it’s actual use was.
I had already chucked the box but this was the advert that I purchased it from.
ED3B5555-BCD6-4A28-A3F9-B379CADE7DB4.png