Junker Ju52 Build

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I just found this thread.

That's very nice indeed and a great subject.

I'm not a huge fan of those Eduard panels but I have to admit they look really good in this one.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Carl
HI YEA im enjoyin this build keep up the good work as i'll be followin along
chris
Thanks boatman, progress is slow as the day job doesn’t leave me much time but i enjoy the process of the build and the learning curve so I’m never really in a hurry . I look forward to getting the two sides of the fuselage as these always feels like one of the main milestone during the build. This one is slightly different as the fuselage is in four parts, two sides and a top and bottom piece.
carl

First Name
Carl
You can rotate the images directly on the phone, as well as crop them, correct perspective, and much more, as explained on
Apple’s help pages. You don’t even need to switch to Photos to do this: after taking a picture, tap on the little preview it shows in the sidebar, so you get to see the whole photo (you can flick through all the pictures you recently took here, BTW) and tap the Edit button at the top of the screen.

(I take all the photos I post on this forum using an iPad, and do these kinds of corrections on that as well to make them more presentable.)

Something I forgot to mention in my previous message is that upside-down photos often result if you hold the phone with the screen facing up, because then it can’t work out which way “up” is for taking photos. What you need to do is tilt the phone first so that the screen is vertical and towards you, which will rotate the controls to put them the right way up, and then hold it flat — but don’t tilt it so far that you see the on-screen controls rotate to face another direction. If they do, hold it vertical again.
Perhaps I should start taking the pictures with my G9 camera. It’s gathering dust anyway..

First Name
Carl
I just found this thread.

That's very nice indeed and a great subject.

I'm not a huge fan of those Eduard panels but I have to admit they look really good in this one.

Cheers

Steve
Yes, I think the Eduard can be a marmite thing but I have found the main cockpit controls to look good on most of the aircraft I have built so far. Some of the very small details just don’t seem worth the effort to fit as you need a microscope to see them and they just dont seem worth the stress fitting. I attend to cherry pick the bits I like that add reasonable improvement to the standard model detail (at least in my humble opinion).

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Perhaps I should start taking the pictures with my G9 camera. It’s gathering dust anyway..
iPhone’s got a good camera, and it’s easy to use. You just have to make sure it’s the right way up :smiling3:

First Name
Carl
I’ve managed to get a few spots of glue when glueing roof part down. Because the fuselage is serrated I was wondering what the best way to clean of any excess glue was. Sanding would not really do as is flatten the corrugated detail.

3ED13641-A5C5-4152-BFA9-C385C42C32F0.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I would go with a fold of fine wet or dry, using the fold edge, or perhaps a fine round file Carl. Build is looking good by the way....great detail in this kit.....

First Name
Carl
I would go with a fold of fine wet or dry, using the fold edge, or perhaps a fine round file Carl. Build is looking good by the way....great detail in this kit.....
Thanks for that, I’ll give it a go later. Yes the kit does have very good detail. Also the fit has been pretty good so far. I put the wings on and there's virtually no join gap at all. Just got to watch that detail does not get toomkch glue on it like I managed

First Name
Carl
Latest update, wings on and a few external bits. Some placed just for picture. I also placed a dusty Messerschmitt for scale.

32392FDA-73E4-425F-8ECF-2032AB43FE2F.jpegDB4A71B2-2980-47B1-BD7E-C6C36FC20C1E.jpeg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I see you got your canopy sorted nicely. How did you do it in the end?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I have ordered some of the strip stuff but decided that the gap was not too large at the front so used some filler and reshaped and sanded it to suite. I’m satisfied that it should look fine once painted.

Well it worked and that's what matters.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It looks very accurate with those black scorch marks on the fuselage, I must say.

nllucht_01097_3g.jpg
chiv_Bild_141-0460%2C_Rotterdam%2C_Brennende_Ju_52.jpg
f76a407ae90c2e6fc6cae3c14c8fee81.jpg

Wait, what’s that? This isn’t going to be a model of one in the Netherlands in mid-May 1940?

First Name
Carl
It looks very accurate with those black scorch marks on the fuselage, I must say.

Wait, what’s that? This isn’t going to be a model of one in the Netherlands in mid-May 1940?
Lol, I can’t quite bring myself to do one of those post crash models just yet. (Although some of my earlier models may have looked that way) joking aside I was contemplating painting with the light snowy colours for something different but then I changed my mind and decided to go with the normal two tone green camo, when the paint turns up.
Carl