Junker Ju52 Build

First Name
Carl
I quite like the look of this plane so fancied making something different other than a bomber or a fighter plane.
I suspect the exterior painting my present a challenge with its corrugated skin but other than that it looks fairly straight forward.
Anyway, I have put together the cockpit using some Eduard panels ( a marmite thing for some) I’m thinking of panel lining to introduce a little used dirt to the effect.
Progress so far..

Attachments

• C1210919-0077-439B-9363-80BD6E40545A.jpeg
    C1210919-0077-439B-9363-80BD6E40545A.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 46
  • C74C9D66-1140-4817-A803-29CA778959DA.jpeg
    C74C9D66-1140-4817-A803-29CA778959DA.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 46
  • 12BE37F6-655B-4F25-AD17-11B726D8353E.jpeg
    12BE37F6-655B-4F25-AD17-11B726D8353E.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 37

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
What scale is this? I've looked at the Revell 1/48 kit. It's meant to be a cracking kit.

Nice work on the cockpit though. Got a crick in my neck though ;)

First Name
Carl
What scale is this? I've looked at the Revell 1/48 kit. It's meant to be a cracking kit.

Nice work on the cockpit though. Got a crick in my neck though ;)
It’s the 1:48 revel kit. I have to say first impressions are that it has good detail. I did use some rapid prototype aftermarket seat replacements for the main cockpit seats but too be honest if I’d waited I would have used the original kit ones as they were of a higher than normal standard, e.g, they had moulded cushions and seatbelts. Appologies for the photo orientation, not sure what happened. At least it’ll loosen up the wrists..:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great so far....Tante Ju always reminds me of Indiana Jones for some reason.....I suppose it’s very thirties pulp fiction.

First Name
Carl
Looking at these pictures I really need to water my silver paint down, it went on like tar and although to the naked eye it looked fine , in these pictures it really does look like its been troweled on the steering columns...note to self..

First Name
Carl
A few more pictures of a few painted parts before glueing cockpit.
Note I decided to cut the top hatch and have it open. It’s in a close position by default but the frame lines were handy cut lines.
4F749FCB-F017-4F74-80E4-AAD4D2307F56.jpegD126DB27-800A-437D-9BD8-8D47E3D3C508.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Did you take them with your phone upside down or sideways? Then chances are that the phone doesn’t put the required image rotation in in a way the forum understands.

(If you take a picture with the phone upside down, it doesn’t actually rotate the photo to be the right way up when it saves it, but just includes a “flag” that says, “this picture must be turned 180 degrees”. Then every time the photo is displayed, the software turns it that way. The reason for this is loss of quality that would occur if the original is rotated, due to the way JPEG compression works.)

First Name
Carl
Did you take them with your phone upside down or sideways? Then chances are that the phone doesn’t put the required image rotation in in a way the forum understands.

(If you take a picture with the phone upside down, it doesn’t actually rotate the photo to be the right way up when it saves it, but just includes a “flag” that says, “this picture must be turned 180 degrees”. Then every time the photo is displayed, the software turns it that way. The reason for this is loss of quality that would occur if the original is rotated, due to the way JPEG compression works.)
I never gave it a second thought to be honest. I will when I take snaps for my next update though. Thanks for the tips.

First Name
Carl

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI YEA im enjoyin this build keep up the good work as i'll be followin along
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
i presume this only works if you up load your photos to windows first but I have been uploading straight from my iPhone to the forum direct. There isn’t any options to rotate that I could see?
You can rotate the images directly on the phone, as well as crop them, correct perspective, and much more, as explained on
Apple’s help pages. You don’t even need to switch to Photos to do this: after taking a picture, tap on the little preview it shows in the sidebar, so you get to see the whole photo (you can flick through all the pictures you recently took here, BTW) and tap the Edit button at the top of the screen.

(I take all the photos I post on this forum using an iPad, and do these kinds of corrections on that as well to make them more presentable.)

Something I forgot to mention in my previous message is that upside-down photos often result if you hold the phone with the screen facing up, because then it can’t work out which way “up” is for taking photos. What you need to do is tilt the phone first so that the screen is vertical and towards you, which will rotate the controls to put them the right way up, and then hold it flat — but don’t tilt it so far that you see the on-screen controls rotate to face another direction. If they do, hold it vertical again.